To my fellow Android users...

Whoa. That's sweet. I wonder how long it will take for Google to pull it. Although they are a lot more lenient than Apple with stuff like that so maybe they won't do anything. Especially since it doesn't include the game.

That's pretty dang cool though. It's exactly how I envisioned it on a touch device.

this link [snipped link]

just dl that one and go in to you download folder and install it from there, and then it will say where to put the

assets files so you can start the game :)

idk if the data files is needed at all i didnt use it

Edited by Circa
Removed link to, in turn, remove illegal risk

Didn't read any but IMO a PS3 controller via bluetooth will work great, it's how I actually play both JO and JA on my PC, I just mapped it similarly to the XBOX versions of the game. Although guns are a hell of a lot easier to aim using a keyboard and mouse but most of the SP games you're using saber.

EDIT: Anyone else having trouble launching the game? It ran fine once but now when I try to play the demo it just crashes back to the main screen, sometimes I can at least get the lucasarts logo before crashing.

Yes you need JO's assets, there isn't a JA version yet but if people buy enough copies of the JK2 version he said he'd do JA.

You should probably take down that free link, $2 is really nothing to pay for this.

Even if you don't have JO you can have fun playing the demo, the Alzoc 3 mission is kinda fun.

EDIT: I think they catch onto you if you have that free version, it only worked once, I bought the game now though and it works fine.

the free link should be kept up, lol.

Why? It's fine to make money off your work.

He just has to provide the source code as per the GPL, but to my knowledge only to those who buy the program. (Although they are then free to redistribute it as they see fit, provided they keep the license.)

^It pings a server for updates it seems after playing around with it, after uninstalling and reinstalling to see if it would work it wouldn't let me download a needed file to use the software so I bought the full version since I liked it.

I also sent in a request and he should be releasing a new version any day, there was no button to switch saber styles, he emailed me back and said he was going to try to implement it ASAP so the one up there will be outdated anyway.

EDIT: New version out, you can now switch saber styles.

Circa likes this

Not sure if he'd be interested, seems like he's porting a lot of quake engine games.

I also used a mod btw, works fine, Hapslash's stormtrooper.

Lightsaber dueling reborns is pretty tough with touch screen, I imagine Tavion and Desann might be literally impossible using the touch screen controls even on Padawan setting. I at least have a phone with a large screen, I'd imagine an iPhone user would find this unplayable.