Efx maskered

Go to solution Solved by eezstreet,

I am working on the effects of my elemental sword and i have an issue... well... are years that i have that's issue.

if the blade has a bladeeffect, and the blade is setted like a bounceonwalls 1 blade and so make also efx of knockback impaxct with ground of walls (see my tutorial) basically i need to know how many primitive i can use in effectEd for generate the effect without getting JA run out of efx limites.

because if the effects combinated into the map are too much or too massive, the engine hide the sprites and effect itself, so they become invisible. i noticed that's trouble already when i make my custom elemental magic weapon in substitution of JA shooting blaster and weapons.

were too much weapons are used, too much efx are spawned, the engine, hide the efx of the last weapons.

in the case of the sabers if the saber has a bladeeffect, is possible that hitother efx, hitpersoneffect and blockeffect is not completeley visible.

the effect there is, sometime is possible to see when sword hit enemy or ground in certain angles, but if i get the sword withoit blade effect is all okay, if i get with bladeeffect, more sprites and efx are hidden and invisible. but splashdamage and knockback wark, is a graphic trouble. is an issue generated by some mechanism of contain the overload of EFX.

i remember before i use openjk.exe that when i use too many effect at some time game crash with error "SHADER_MAX_INDEXES_HIT"

the open jk fix the error, so game not crash more, but the effect are hidden and become invisible.

how is possible to avoid that's problem? hjow can i do more light effect for avoid the overwriting of graphic memory of JA that cause that's issue?

Is very frustratibng, passing hours to create wonderfuil effects, and cannot see in game for that.

if use particellar blade efx for create my elemental blade, i have the problem of saturation of effect of hitperson, hitother, bladeeffect, blockeffect.

i have use a normal lightsaber with no "bladeeffect" thsat spawn into the blade an particellar effect, instead, i not have that's trouble, how can i contain the issue?

I am creating a spectacular mod with the .efx, but this trouble ruins all.

i accept any suggestion.

shiiiit.... how many effects are you running at the same time ?

well I can only tell you to reduce the amount of efx used in your mod 

you should know : a ton of effects =/= spectacular mod , if these effects are very flashy , bright and colorful it will also burn the players eyes out

also - please work on your english

it's often kinda hard to get what you are saying , you dont have to in any way but I doubt I'm the only one who thinks so

You're probably using way too many tris/polygons.
The effect gets repeated for each glow chunk of the saber I believe. Try it out with 1 particle, 200ms life and a simple white shader. Note how many times the effect gets repeated.

nope , the effect get's only displayed once for each tag_blade in your weapon model

Circa likes this

"sigh" my english is really so terrible? Well, i open the topic at 11 pm yesterday so i was little tired . that's affected my english sorry.

Related the efx: i reduced to a low count of particle not more of 2-3 max 4 for every primitive of elemental blade effect and that's reducing the loading sufficient to show the efx of knockback.

so you are right AshuraDX

Mmm, well, now i am making the effect so is normal they are quitre massive. i will remember when i end the efx to reduce the load and get a better graphic impact for player eyes. thanks for suggestion! :D

(yes myt efx really need a fix, if i get the SHADER_MAX_INDEXES_HIT error, mean that i do effect too massives.

and i am photosensible, so is also for my heal.

Thanks for suggestion. atfer i end to make the efx, i will check and correct all the effect too much load or with too many primitives.

:) i think is possible to make some of spetactular also with a low load.

• Solution

If what AshuraDX says is correct, then it's likely that you just have too much junk being rendered, or too long of a life.

Heres some math for you.

Suppose we have an efx file. In it, we have a simple spark effect that shoots out 6-10 sparks, with a life of 1200 for each.

since the blade effect gets rendered _almost every frame_, that right there is 6-10 tris. Now suppose our client has 90 FPS. That means you're rendering 540-900 tris at any given point in time. For point of reference, the Galak model has around 1.2k tris. With more than one saber onscreen, it becomes obvious why there's issues.

Asgarath83 likes this

If what AshuraDX says is correct, then it's likely that you just have too much junk being rendered, or too long of a life.

Heres some math for you.

Suppose we have an efx file. In it, we have a simple spark effect that shoots out 6-10 sparks, with a life of 1200 for each.

since the blade effect gets rendered _almost every frame_, that right there is 6-10 tris. Now suppose our client has 90 FPS. That means you're rendering 540-900 tris at any given point in time. For point of reference, the Galak model has around 1.2k tris. With more than one saber onscreen, it becomes obvious why there's issues.

So blade effect spawn 1 of every primitives for frame???? :o: i not know that. instead, the hitperson, hitother and blockeffect spawn only once time, in the hurt. that explain because happening that. Very good. i set blade effect for count only of 1 - 1 value so is not so huge and massive. thanks! :)