MInimize and Take screenshots

I past here the discussion i have started in the open jk section, because, not knowing much the forem, i used the wrong section.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok that's my trouble.

before ysing Open jk and using original exe of JA, i can minimize the game launching before a game an utility called JAminimizer, if i press contrl + z reduce the game to icon or expand. very useful when i working or chatting.

also, is very useful for take quickly more screenshot with print key, after i open paint, i past into paint and save the screen.

Now with open jk exe, i cannot minimize more JA with jaminimizer utility, so.. there is some way for minimize the game or take screen quickly?

Thanks for answer.

Posted Yesterday, 10:15 PM

/minimize

/bind your_key screenshot

Posted Yesterday, 10:19 PM

/minimize, Alt tab also works too.

You do realize the game has screenshot tga, jpeg, and png (png is broken in sp) built in right?  (And it always had jpeg/tga screenshots in jamp/jasp.)

Saves to homepath in mydocuments under My Games\OpenJK.

JAMinimizer/Q3EMinimizer looks at the window title, which is no longer the same thus utility is not usable unless you go change the code, which is available somewhere on github.

This should be in OpenJK discussion and closed not really an issue here >.<

• photo-thumb-122.png?_r=1380817459

Posted Yesterday, 10:58 PM

@Asgarath83

Moved to OpenJK forum.

No need to close it.

So with pure game, and if i run the open.jk.exe with a batch file for execute my mod not work? :(

I think it should work :unsure: :)   Are you sure the .bat launches openjk.x86.exe and not jamp.exe? .bat can be edited with notepad if it launches the wrong .exe

Asgarath83 likes this

i edited the batch of my mod as you told, but not change nothing, the game is executed pretty good without any bugs,

but the issues persists.

the mod works, i have talking bad, sorry, what i wanna mean this morning was that's i cannot take screenshot or minimize when i using openjk or jasp builded with open jk solution as exe of the batch.

that's the true: i have downloaded the openjk code and maked a build months ago, but has creating me only the SP openjk86_sp woriking, te other crash and get a Vm error, same for the mp. but cmake not work fine on my computer, and also i think i need to upgrade with the service pack for windows visual studio 2010 sp1 my OS. maybe is a building issue. the command not get me error, simply is ignored and not work.

well, is not a pressing matter for me if screenshot working however, where is the specific folder of the saving of screenshots?

i have no other idea. maybe i need to fix my building trouble, but are very large problem, really with the code i am a disaster.

i have not again a compiled system that working fine. i not understand again how function in really. :( is very complicated, i am more good as modder or mapper of model assembler. as coder, i am unuseful.

i have an old windows XP SP3, but the pc is new and have only 1 year.

has 1 tera of processor and an ATI radeom as video card.

i cannot use windows 7 because i have some heal problem and is very tiring for my eyes and my brain, i am photo sensitive and win7 has some bad glow effect and a resolution of default too many large. i use pc many hours for day, so i need an user friendly monirtor with large icon, and sweet light effects.

so, i use and old OS.

i edited the batch of my mod as you told, but not change nothing, the game is executed pretty good without any bugs,

but the issues persists.

the mod works, i have talking bad, sorry, what i wanna mean this morning was that's i cannot take screenshot or minimize when i using openjk or jasp builded with open jk solution as exe of the batch.

that's the true: i have downloaded the openjk code and maked a build months ago, but has creating me only the SP openjk86_sp woriking, te other crash and get a Vm error, same for the mp. but cmake not work fine on my computer, and also i think i need to upgrade with the service pack for windows visual studio 2010 sp1 my OS. maybe is a building issue. the command not get me error, simply is ignored and not work.

well, is not a pressing matter for me if screenshot working however, where is the specific folder of the saving of screenshots?

i have no other idea. maybe i need to fix my building trouble, but are very large problem, really with the code i am a disaster.

i have not again a compiled system that working fine. i not understand again how function in really. :( is very complicated, i am more good as modder or mapper of model assembler. as coder, i am unuseful.

i have an old windows XP SP3, but the pc is new and have only 1 year.

has 1 tera of processor and an ATI radeom as video card.

i cannot use windows 7 because i have some heal problem and is very tiring for my eyes and my brain, i am photo sensitive and win7 has some bad glow effect and a resolution of default too many large. i use pc many hours for day, so i need an user friendly monirtor with large icon, and sweet light effects.

so, i use and old OS.

@@Asgarath83: Reinstall CMake with the setting changed as mentioned in this tutorial. Actually, just follow that tutorial in general and it should build you working stuff.

Oh thanks very much eez! I will do as soon as possible when i can. i hjave pratcvially end my sword, so i by some days i can focus on my coding troubles. Thanks very much! if i get some trouble, i will inform to you :) very kind, as ever :)

@@Circa: well done i not know much the forum, so sometime i can use wrong section. i am apologyze for that. :(