rd-rend2 (old thread)

eezstreet

Can you post the contents of your console after you start up OpenJK (with the rend2 renderer)? No need to start a map or anything. You should be able to use the /condump <filename> command in the console which gets written to your base/ folder.

Also, what do you have the following cvars set to?

r_depthPrepass

r_ext_multisample

r_ext_framebuffer_multisample

r_postprocess

EDIT: Looking at this: http://delphigl.de/glcapsviewer/gl_generatereport.php?reportID=539 It doesn't look like your card will be able to support rend2 (I changed the minimum required version of OpenGL to 3.2, but that report says your card only supports 2.1). But I'm still in seeing why your screenshot is weird, considering the functions I'm using are supported by your card.

Can you post the contents of your console after you start up OpenJK (with the rend2 renderer)? No need to start a map or anything. You should be able to use the /condump <filename> command in the console which gets written to your base/ folder.

Also, what do you have the following cvars set to?

r_depthPrepass

r_ext_multisample

r_ext_framebuffer_multisample

r_postprocess

EDIT: Looking at this: http://delphigl.de/glcapsviewer/gl_generatereport.php?reportID=539 It doesn't look like your card will be able to support rend2 (I changed the minimum required version of OpenGL to 3.2, but that report says your card only supports 2.1). But I'm still in seeing why your screenshot is weird, considering the functions I'm using are supported by your card.

Condump: http://pastebin.com/KiQsHRU1

r_depthPrepass = 1

r_ext_multisample = 0

r_ext_framebuffer_multisample = 0

r_postprocess = 1

My card supports (and now has) OpenGL version 3.3. It was discussed in an earlier thread I had about rend2 problems.

Here's the culprit :D

R_CheckFBO: (_sunshadowmap) Framebuffer incomplete, no attachments attached

Not sure why it's saying that though, because there's no problems with that part of the code. Do you have the latest drivers for your card?

Here's the culprit :D

Not sure why it's saying that though, because there's no problems with that part of the code. Do you have the latest drivers for your card?

Yeah, I must have the latest. ATI's website and their software says I have the latest when I've tried to update (however Mudbox has prompted me to update my drivers, so it's kind of weird).

Alright. r_depthPrepass does not fix it, but it's by far no disaster for me, as my laptop used to fry itself using rend2 in any case :) So don't know how crucial it is to fix if it's specific for my drivers, but others may have similar problems otherwise.

Yeah, I must have the latest. ATI's website and their software says I have the latest when I've tried to update (however Mudbox has prompted me to update my drivers, so it's kind of weird).

That generally means you have the latest your card can use, but there is newer.  :)

And ATI/AMD knows this, but third party software may not.

Boothand likes this

What'choo talkin' about @@ensiform.

@ You can enable it using r_ext_framebuffer_multisample 2 (or 4, or 8 depending on your graphics card).

By saying depending on GFX cards you mean ATI vs nVidia? I'll assume nVidia cards also probably have better support for it than ATI?

When I say depending on graphics card, I mean how capable it is. using 2, 4 or 8 is the equivalent of using 2x, 4x and 8x MSAA. Not all cards can do 8x or 4x (the majority will be able to, but I'm just covering all possibilities :P

Kessno likes this

I also used to think they would be but after working with the improved Jedi HM, I don't think such increases are needed. The only one I could see that MIGHT need an increase in the future is the object limit.