TFU 1.5 Mod Overview

Just touching base because I havent posted anything in a bit.

I have made almost all of my characters off of a base mesh human male. The past few weeks, I have been getting that base mesh rigged so I can just transfer over weights for the most part with GATOR with just some extra fine tuning. This way I dont really have to rig each character so individually. I also have been playing around with the mouth_eyes and eyelid setups and getting that so I didnt have to do it for each character.

I have maybe 50% of the TIE Facility character pack ready to rig, with the rest just needing some adjustments.

I am almost done with all of the TIE Facility throwables.

Thats in the past maybe two weeks. Ill try to get the rest of the T.F. characters ready to rig in the next two weeks and finish up the throwables.

After that, I will be finishing all of the T.F. map objects so I can lego it all together. Im hoping I dont have to build my own maps though, as there are so many talented people here with GTK Radiant, and I barely dabble with it. The map will be built already for them, it will just need floors and area portals and stuff. I am also going to build a "pathway" through the T.F. out of a few planes that hopefully we can convert to ASE and use as bounding planes for the map objects, instead of having to go through and noclip brush them all or whatever.

Once I get these things done, I will be focusing on the menu/Rogue Shadow. The ingame menu will be a map with different areas of the ship dedicated to different options (training holodeck, skins, mission selection, save/load, saber selection, upgrades)

This way, once I get these done, I can maybe release the T.F. as a beta for the mod and get good feedback by the time its done as to what should be changed or added.

Seems pointless to post any pics right now... Ill post a video or something soon instead, IN the TIE Facility, AS a Kota's militia sabateur, force repulsing a bunch of cool crates around and using my custom force push to obliterate. Thanks for your patience.

Bek and Barricade24 like this

Looks like I might actually voice some of the SK phrases I need. I been practicing, it sounds good man, I wouldnt bs. Ill most likely be doing Kazdan's voice as well.

I would LOVE to have a proxy though =(

Droids #1 and #2 I think @@therfiles said he wanted to voice one, cant remember the other.

Thats relly all the voices we need.

Maybe some Kota's militia reactions and taunts. New sounds for troopers?

Please dont post a bunch of soundbytes and stuff, we need original stuff for this.

I might keep "stop that jaden" for the ertor sounds in the menu lmfao but besides that id like to see what we can come up with.

Any ideas or applicants?

Also... when I get hit by something... I go "ahw fuck!". Id like real reactions to pain, but I dont see much swearing in Star Wars... Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

Just touching base. Ive finally actually started packing the final pk3. Its bare as hell right now... but i was excited. Ive spent maybe 10 hours a day the past entire week on the TIE Facility, it is being assembled for the final time before I send it to a mapper. Should be at least a month though, its pretty meticulous. The only hang up with characters is rigging, otherwise im cranking them out. I think I counted 30 or so characters will be in this pack last I checked. All have been started and are being optimized because my skills now surpass what they were when I started. A lot of clean up. Ive got a bunch of effect files done lately. I almost have Felucia ready to paint and assemble. I reeeeally like how its turning out. Im more focused on the TF right now than anything.

Seven, TheWhitePhoenix and Jeff like this

Are you going to use costumes according to the game, or make some new and use some old? There's also placement of different costumes and when he wears them. Starkiller actually changes his clothes far less than the game suggests. The outfit given to him by Vader after being reconstructed is worn all the way through felucia, until he blows up that bull rancors head from the inside and decides to change for some less blood drenched wears.

TIE Facility- Training Gear

Raxus Prime- Heavy Training Gear

Felucia- Jungle Gear

Kamino- Medical Robes

Dagobah- something I built

Boss battles.

TIE Facility- AT?Ts (Kota will possibly fuck up my storyline... hes too powerful a force weilder to not notice whats happening, which I use later with Kazdan.

Raxus Prime- Junk Titan and Kazdan Paratus

Felucia- Maris Brood and bull rancor

Kamino- Boba Fett, SK clones, and a new trooper I called Nightmare.

Rogue Shadow- Proxy (possibly Kit Fisto since I been wanting to try it, or Grievous)

Dagobah- Dark Juno and Vader and Dark Apprentice

I will be using other peoples Boba Fett and one other character I wont mention for an addon pack that introduces a different style of gameplay Im more excited about than the real mod lol

Characters

TIE Facility- Stormtroopers, Kota's militia (5 model variants with plenty of skins each) Clonetroopers, new gonks, mouse droids

Raxus Prime- Rodians(4 model variants with plenty of skins each) junk droids, jawas, evotroopers, jump troopers

Felucia- Felucians (3 model variants with the most skins of all packs), evotroopers, jumptroopers, incindiary troopers, clonetroopers, rancors, birds, slugs, animal vehicles

Kamino- Droids 1&2, SK clones, stormtroopers, jumptroopers, helmet)less troopers, medical robe troopers, royal guards

Dagobah- swamp creatures, birds, abarrant clones.

Maps

TIE Facility- will have 3 cometely different hangars ( i figured if theyre building TIE's, they would need to test it from different situations, and it allowed me to take the thing in a new direction and cause less repetition in gameplay), it will have a wing assembly area, and a control room.

Raxus Prime- lava pit, wasteland area, valley, inside a huge turbine, a hidden jawa marketplace, another valley (larger) and Kazdans cave

Felucia- open valley, caves, canyon like valley, bull rancor pit

Kamino- interrogation room, halls (with views of spiors and young SK and Stormtrooper clones training), elevator, outside landing platform

Rogue Shadow. Im combining the TFU cutscenes, the training room, and the nintendo ds version of the rogue shadow all into one map/menu system

Dagovah- Swamp, caves, inner pavillion

It seems like some maps are smaller, but all acerage about the same in actual distance. The SP maps will have and end, but I built them for MP so they do complete circles and figure 8's and stuff so you can chase eachother indefinitely.

GPChannel likes this

The thing with Kazdan, which is one of the 3 things I didnt want to tell anyone, is this whole mod is like assassins creed. Youre a clone being forced through SKs memories. Which makes it a bit grainy and messed up so thats why i can have the maps and experiences a bit different from TFU.

Youre told in the beginning that this is just a simulation, and if you encounter anyone formidable, just walk past them and think them away... but... when you near Kazdans cave, he sees you. Not only does he see you, but he tells you that you dont really exist, and that you dont belong here. Ripping you out of your thoughts and causing you to actually confront him. Its my fav character, so i wanted to give this illusion that you cant even think about whipping his ass. It also is going to cause a rift on SK's "interrogation" because thats when he realizes the force can manipulate the simulation, and starts working an escape plan.

I wont get into Dagobah, and the choices youll have to make, their repercussions, the multiple endings, the sweet addon pack, so ill still consider it unspoiled

Seven and GPChannel like this

Why only kit fisto in the training room as proxy? You could add dozens of other jedis to spar with. Also, how are you planning on ending that bull rancor fight? The book has got me wanting a really gory end. (repulse inside throat that straight up blows up its head)

ChalklYne likes this

Well, just kit or grievous in the storyline of it. The training room will incorporate something like therfiles' npc spawning system in it

That sounds awesome but unrealistic compared to my cutscene skills

Also, for kazdans battle novelized, the junk sculptures he made to represent the Jedi Order would come to life and act as the masters they represent. He was facing off with anakin, obi wan, kit fisto, yoda etc. Just an idea.

Well, just kit or grievous in the storyline of it. The training room will incorporate something like therfiles' npc spawning system in it

That sounds awesome but unrealistic compared to my cutscene skills

Check out what szicovii did with his midgarv3 map in the battle arena.

JKG Developer

The glovepie script for my mod is almost finished. Ill give it out with the download. It has support for pp controllers, xbox360 controllers, new keyboard system which helped me do things like charged pushes and charged repulses, and support for the wiimote+nunchuk and wiimote+nunchuck+balance board. I happen to have a wiimote lightsaber and blaster and nunchuk and balanceboards all going through mine. It requires two wiimotes, one in the saber and one in the blaster, plus the nunchuk acceleration throws grenades. You can bind the exact direction of your swings with the wiimote saber to do the jka saber anims (i.e. if you swing your wiisaber top left to bottom right then so does playermodel. The double wiimote nunchuks balance boards is just my personal setup but ill include it as well. I have to strap the gun and saber and nunchuk to my belt as i hover around the map on the balance board. Each wiimote knows its specific weapon, so if i pick up my blaster he selects blaster, same with my wiisaber. To be honest.... i have three balance boards in my setup, as you will notice in the glovepie script i send. My front balance board walks forward and if i lean to either side i walk forward diagonally. The middle balance board is for standing still or strafing, and the back balance boatr backs me up or at an angle if i lean. No bs. I dont expect anyone to have my setup, but the support is there if you do. It makes for very tiring gameplay, but duels could be uncanny

Acceleration in nunchucks do the pushes, lighting, and repulse, heavy presses on the center of any balance board makes me jump, but i cant control how long i jump yet, and its hard on the balance boards... so jump may end up being the only real button i have to press (if i dont just copy the jka anim with my wiimotes and track tht motion instead)

I also didnt mention that it supports voice control at the same time with the same script and comes with a few basic ones ill give you and you can figure it out from there. Ill include things like "console" or "exit game" and stuff. You can adjust the voice recognition sensitivity settings in it quite easily.

The glovepie script will also have a batch file that runs your jasp or jamp and starts the glovepie script simultaneously. So the mod will have its own icon and be a shortcut on your desktop. Click it and hop on your balance board or what have you.

XlgLFJD.jpg

Seven likes this

Well... i kinda figure all these maps as duel arena pretty much, since they all loop around. Im mote focused on the nooks and crannies right now of the TF so it looks good at any screenshot angle you know? Its tidious and time consuming and i tend to run into things i remodel "real quick". But... it really does look worth the time though. Hell... look at the old screenshots of it XD its far better than that

Have you seen the dr octavious fusion room he built?!?!