Looking for More Kotor Maps

Yeah I got Mace's map I asked one of the developers about JKG's maps, but they were put on hold due to new insights probaly the source code. I asked Mace about some of his other maps like the leviathan escape, the full version of his leviathan bridge map. He never gave it to me and ignored me each time I asked him for updates or anymore of his maps. I really want JKG to release it's Korriban and Dantooine maps though.

Which one's do you have?  Mace's Taris Map is pretty, though not entirely accurate since it takes 4000 years after Taris is destroyed.  Also...JKG has some other Kotorish maps, some of which are not yet finished...

Yeah I got Mace's map I asked one of the developers about JKG's maps, but they were put on hold due to new insights probaly the source code. I asked Mace about some of his other maps like the leviathan escape, the full version of his leviathan bridge map. He never gave it to me and ignored me each time I asked him for updates or anymore of his maps. I really want JKG to release it's Korriban and Dantooine maps though.

Unfortunately that will probably take a very long time as they are not being worked on and are very incomplete.  We're focusing on Coruscant and Tatooine at the moment.

JKG Developer

The last post in that thread was you almost a year ago... are you sure it's "almost finished"?

Yes I messaged the author about it, and it was really almost finished but he was putting the finishing touches on his map and he got stuck on an error then gave up on it completely. I asked DarthStevunus about it and it stopped after that. If he reads this thread I hope he will again continue working on it.

I don't know why he would personally I could live without a perfect skybox, or light shining out of the cracks of the ceiling. Someone other then me should P.M him about it as I think I have bothered him to much on the subject.

Are you serious? Better idea, we leave him be. He has a life, he has things to do other than mapping. Shocking, I know.

Look, this is my map, and I will release it when it is ready. Yes, I said it would be ready soon. I was mistaken. There were things that needed to be fixed that I hadn't noticed, and problems I hadn't anticipated. Also, as has been said before, I do have a life outside of all this.

So, there's no need to keep asking for updates, or sending me PM's. When I have an update worth sharing, I'll post it here.

What part of that did you not get? <_<

Horatio Culver and therfiles like this

I am ashamed of that and I did go a little to far for it but what really caused that to happen was him telling me a year ago today that the map would be released shortly like in a week or so. After waiting years for him to release it he would finally do it. A month passed and I was wondering what was up so I commented on his thread to much. Yes, I need to rethink many things but my purpose back then was to notify authors to not give up on their high quality maps and to make downloaders happy. I have ultimately stopped this habit as I have learned a important lesson. I left my comment on that thread to remind myself of what I did.

Yes, I need to rethink many things but my purpose back then was to notify authors to not give up on their high quality maps and to make downloaders happy.

Their job is not to make you happy. Your shouldn't be putting so much of your time and energy into waiting for someone else to finish their work, there's more productive things to do with your time.

Horatio Culver and Inyri like this

Their job is not to make you happy. Your shouldn't be putting so much of your time and energy into waiting for someone else to finish their work, there's more productive things to do with your time.

Like learn to map yourself. Could have had your own Manaan map if you'd spent that time learning the craft instead of sending PM's.

eezstreet and Botdra like this

Like learn to map yourself. Could have had your own Manaan map if you'd spent that time learning the craft instead of sending PM's.

I was thinking like go outside and get some fresh air, but yeah, you could learn to map too. :D

• 1 month later...