Hello

Go to solution Solved by Szico VII,

Hi, I do not know if i am posting this is in the right section, but i will give detail's here on i need some help.

Basically i am doing a JKJA map, on GTKRadiant 1.4 and 1.5 (using both because either one does not like certain commads I dont know why).

But anyway, I am just curious if there is away to make a Secruity camera in jkja? like in jk2 where you could look at a screen and see other players in different room. I have tried searching google and tried different tutorials out there. but none of them tend to work for me.

Would be great if someone could get back to me.

Once again sorry to Post this in wrong section?

~Angelus~

@@Angelus - The SFX folder doesn't exist in JKA (That tutorial is for quake3). Have a look for common/mirror. Or you can use your own mirror shader. It is DEFINITELY possible Ive done it myself several times in several maps.

textures/blueice_nightfall/nightfall_camera
{
	qer_editorimage textures/blueice_nightfall/nightfall_cameraportal
	surfaceparm playerclip
	surfaceparm nolightmap
	portal
    {
	map textures/blueice_nightfall/nightfall_camera
 	blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA
	depthWrite
	alphaGen portal 2048
    }
}
The image referenced is a black .TGA image 16x16pixels.

You can download the source files for that map and see how its set up there if you need a practical look at it working in radiant - Its inside a wardrobe in one of the bedrooms.

https://jkhub.org/files/file/1315-blueice-nightfall/

You need to give it:

count: -1

targetname: npc1

npc_target: npc1

delay: 60

And then you need a trigger_once or a spawn script (targeting npc1) to spawn the vehicles at the start of the match. Once it is spawned once, it will respawn itself via its npc_target (which targets itself, npc1)

The delay is how long before it'll respawn.

• 2 months later...