Endless frustration with the SP saber system...

Huh? I mean I dunno. I like the saber system, but it's so static with features they never finished adding. Like they never actually programmed saber offense to do anything even though I get the impression they planned to, and this conversely makes saber defense less important.

And the way they coded breakParryBonus in relation to parryBonus is downright strange. Unless I don't understand how to use it correctly, I have no idea what the code looks like...

Tell me why this makes sense: bonuses to break a parry on a saber completely change its properties...

It makes medium style uninterruptible permanently, and strong is strong style, so yeah, but fast style can be parried. If you want to block a saber with a bonus of 1 you need a parrybonus of at least 3. But your block isn't worth beans, you won't get staggered but the un-interruptible attack will sort of go through.

And there's no difference between saber offense 0 and 7 save saber lock strength. The only effect on how you handle being blocked is by saber defense. At level 1 you randomly drop your saber when attacking and randomly stagger during a block.

^Yeah, I like saber locks actually. Problem with saber offense is that literally the only thing it does is affect lock strength. The ingame description reads like "Jedi will break saber locks and parries against those with less proficiency and has a chance to break saber locks and parries against opponents of similar proficiency." They never finished it I guess.

In JK2 it added saber styles, which gave it use. I like how in JA they made saber styles more independent, however this took away what use the power had. Then it just gets on my nerves bonuses on a saber are more important than your saber powers.