Syko's JKfiles Mirror

@@Syko, do you have Steam or Xfire? There's no need to keep making accounts. I can ban you from logging in and you can ask me when you want access temporarily instead. Just add me on those if you have them or email me at circa@@JKHub.org and tell me you want to login.

I will merge this account with your original one soon as well. And yes, I can pin the topic as well.

Edited by Circa
Changed tagged username from Shady to Syko, after merge of accounts
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone ever considered making a second mirror of all of these mods? You can literally download all mods from my mirror with 1 click so it shouldn't be too hard to back them up somewhere and put them on a second mirror.

• 3 months later...

I don't know, I've never tested it that much actually to be honest. It wouldn't surprise me. That bot was buggy as hell. There's no way for me to get around that unless someone's able to write another downloader bot and for me to reupload everything. I feel confident enough in my programming abilities that I could probably hack one together now but it's not really a good use of my time at this point since I have other responsibilities and limited free time.

With JK3files going temporarily down for the past couple of days this would be a good time for someone to come forward and create something, it kinda sucks that I'm the only one willing to do the work of creating a backup when JK3files is so important to almost everyone here.

Circa likes this

Well I was planning on downloading your backup as a second mirror until I noticed most files were corrupted. If I were into the coding business I would help out with a bot that does such a thing.

• 3 weeks later...

In case anyone has read this topic but not the "JK3files kick the bucket" one, the files are not actually corrupted, just don't extract them with the default Windows or Mac OS X archive managers. Use Winrar /7zip and it should work fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...