Need help exporting some animations

Hey guys, I've made standing animation for my character in 3ds max and so far it's working nice. But the one problem i'm having is that i cant install the xsi plugin in the program as the latest version i found was from 2022 and 3ds isnt installing it. I want to know if there's another way of exporting the animation as xsi, or just straight up another program that i can use to make new animations.

Hey Piau,

Which version of 3ds max do you use?

Unfortunately @Archangel35757 has not yet compiled the plugins for 3ds max 2023+

The latest version you can use is 3ds max 2022.

If you already use max 2022, can you share details on how you tried to install the plugin or any error messages max displays?

Are you using my CAT Rig Guide for exporting the animations?

If you want to use something other than 3ds max, look at Blender. But there you will deal with .gla files directly which involves a very different process of merging your new gla with an existing file and then editing the animation.cfg by hand.

@Piaujeymer

Like @AshuraDX stated, I have not had time to recompile the dotXSI exporter for newer versions of 3ds Max.  My recommendation would be to export your animation into a format that is supported by the legacy Softimage XSI ModTool (v6.0 or v7.5) application... like FBX, and then import the FBX into ModTool and re-export as dotXSI 3.0 from ModTool.   This will allow you to keep your current workflow process and avoid Blender.

On 1/29/2024 at 8:00 AM, AshuraDX said:

Hey Piau,

Which version of 3ds max do you use?

Unfortunately @Archangel35757 has not yet compiled the plugins for 3ds max 2023+

The latest version you can use is 3ds max 2022.

If you already use max 2022, can you share details on how you tried to install the plugin or any error messages max displays?

Are you using my CAT Rig Guide for exporting the animations?

If you want to use something other than 3ds max, look at Blender. But there you will deal with .gla files directly which involves a very different process of merging your new gla with an existing file and then editing the animation.cfg by hand.

I use the 2024 version and the error that pops up is DLL failed to initialize Error code 127. Is there any way to downgrade 3ds max?

Hey,

You need to download an older version of 3ds max, either via your account or other means. Unfortunately there is no downgrade option within 3ds max.

I can't help with Blender related questions. Try opening a different thread about that to attract the attention of our resident Blender users

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2024 at 3:56 AM, Piaujeymer said:

Also, if you guys can help me, how do I play animations in blender? When I open the .gla file the only thing that happens is the bones appear

To play those, you have to change some settings when importing the .gla file.

Play around with the frame begin and frame end in the import screen.