Custom texture that I have doesnt appear in game

Go to solution Solved by AshuraDX,

Just a small question I have which I would really appreciate any help with, you see I am currently working on a map which has a custom texture, and I created a textures folder within the Pk3 of the map in question, but when I load said map into Jka the texture appears to be missing, which I dont understand, since I dont think I missed anything, also let me point out that I tried it in both base Jka and Md and it was the same result.........

The pictures of how it looks in game and in netradient customimage.png.ae33504e63edfe6e0ac0d2b5b209b457.pngimage.png.ccbd2232be572c192740cb2d101444ec.png

Again any assistance provided would be most appreciated please.

Sincerely, chansta 

DarthValeria likes this

Textures in Radiant have no resolution restrictions. However, in-game, a texture's width and height must be powers of 2. For instance, 128x128, 256x512, 2048x256.

Additionally, the texture must be saved as a "Baseline" JPEG. Progressive JPEG will not work. I believe PNG also works but with some caveats.

Edit: If neither of those is the culprit, it's probably a shader issue, which will need further diagnosis.

You'll need to either crop or resize it to the correct resolution. GIMP or Photoshop, or even MS Paint can do that for you.

If you're still having issues, let me know what the resolution of the texture in question is.

so this is what appears when I try to resize it in paint, is it still not a power of two

image.png.38d0071ab83c3cace9c704af932b97c1.png

I also I dont have gimp and I fail to see the issue even after putting the resolution into 1024x1024 the texture still didnt load and I dont know what else to do

Change that to 512 width, 1024 height (Enlarging will result in the least quality loss). Then save as a JPEG/JPG. Note that this is not the best way to do this, but it will at least get your texture working and you can make adjustments later.

You may have to re-fit the texture to the surface in Radiant, and recompile your map, but it should work then.

• Solution
16 hours ago, Chansta said:

I tried that and it didnt seem to work, at this rate I may just have to send the file to someone since I am ready to tear my hair out

You missed the checkbox "Maintain aspect ratio".

Uncheck that and you will be free to change width and height independently

NAB622 and Ramikad like this