AngelModders Jedi Temple on Coruscant - Knightfall

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/22/2023 at 10:48 PM, Aldro Koon said:

@AngelModder I don't know what you do for a living but you need to stop and go apply to one of the top game developers in the world

Well I wouldn't go that far, I'm just a nerd with a computer and a love for architecture that never got to be used irl. XD But thank you! ❤️ ^_^ 

Sorry it's been a minute since ya'll got an update. Some good news finally came and it has finally allowed the map to more than likely reach the full potential I wanted for it! 

Aldro Koon likes this

No pics tonight, but good news. Thanks to adjustments made we've now finally found a way around the maxmapsurfaces issue. The most recent compile now has all the area's I've built for this back in it which means, the rest is a skys the limit thing as long as I keep it balanced. 

The next week will be spent sewing all of these areas together and cleaning up the expansion of the great hall. It now runs the entire length it should and lead into the Kashyyyk sort of room and the other end to the hall of a thousand fountains. The fountain will be a closely guarded secret until official alpha release @ the 21rst anniversary. Where official hosting will be is still up for debate.  However you will get glimpses and peaks, but some of this map I want you all to just experience on your own or with your clan and just be floored. Whether you run base or Rend2 I promise this will be a map like you've never seen before! 

I am considering bringing on someone to help design some pbr textures. SP/SD are just not my thing. 

Zelanter and scp_chaos1 like this

Nice work & architecture. Seems you're maxed out on what can be done with this game. Interesting to see how this performs with a full server of 20. Would you consider a SP story development? I'm a little behind on things as I havn't gamed in years or touched any modding.

AngelModder likes this
On 3/14/2024 at 12:28 AM, RAILBACK said:

Nice work & architecture. Seems you're maxed out on what can be done with this game. Interesting to see how this performs with a full server of 20. Would you consider a SP story development? I'm a little behind on things as I havn't gamed in years or touched any modding.

It should honestly run fine for most people. I've improved the fps issues that were going on with the exterior only at celebration; to be fair that was last minute and rushed. I personally would love to create an SP story for/with this. A lot of painstaking research has gone into this. The next update of photos will begin to show the true direction of graphics this project will showcase. However I am taking my time with the development not just to make sure I get it right but there are certain developments with other mods I am hoping will continue and allow me to exploit all of the latest renovations in JKA's graphics. 

It's good to see you back Railback! ❤️

scp_chaos1 likes this
  • 1 month later...

The project is going fine, I spent some time tonight cleaning up some of the statue meshes. Cut out about 15% of the polys. I managed to remap the texture they are supposed to use back on, however, I went back to the default copper as in the end it just looked better so that was 45 minutes wasted haha...

To avoid burnout, I am working on some other various maps but mainly The Academy V4 at the moment. I bounce around to avoid getting fed up  So be sure to go over and check that out! It's quiet a different design type then this. However many of the elements of it's build have given me idea's for the JT to go even further than before. What if we go over to the senate building as well???

Cor and scp_chaos1 like this