Default Kyle Head on IB Mercenary Outfit.

37 minutes ago, Starwalker1192 said:

So I've been trying to modify the SKIN file of IB's Mercenary Kyle outfit to restore his original default head. But every time I try to get it right, his face is all messed up. Can someone please help me with this?

The Mercenary Kyle and the original Kyle are two completely different models. Each one is using different UV maps and textures. So, if you try to put the texture from one model to another, the texture gets messed up. In other words, editing the skin file won't do anything, you need to edit the model in a 3D modeling software like Blender.

2 hours ago, Starwalker1192 said:

I see. Looks like I'll have to get a bit more technical with it, then. Thanks.

Okay, I've just downloaded Blender. I've never used before, so how do I put default Kyle over IB Kyle?

Check out this tutorial:

And make sure to download the latest Jedi Academy Plugin Suite for Blender:

On 6/4/2023 at 2:58 PM, Starwalker1192 said:

On second thought, I don't know if I can do this. I really want to use the Mercenary skin with Kyle's default head, but this sounds way too overcomplicated for me. Thanks anyway.

It is a little complicated if you're new to modding in general, but it is quite rewarding once you figure it out. It's much easier nowadays with Blender than it used to be with 3DS Max or other older programs that required you to completely re-weight everything.

I can move this to the requests section if you'd prefer, to see if someone more familiar with Blender would do it for you. For someone familiar enough it would probably take a matter of minutes. I may even take a stab at it if I have some time later.

Also @Starwalker1192 this appears to be the model you are wanting. You could probably just restore the original textures for Kyle's head and IB's body and it should work unless they changed more than it looks.

https://jkhub.org/files/file/2480-dark-forces-ii-kyle-katarn-with-jacket/

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...