New Skin system for downloads

You know what I bet people are tired of? Looking for a really good skin to use for themselves, or for others. Well, the JKHub skin selection is nothing to laugh at right now - just merely 300 ish files, but I suspect that the skin prospect could be much higher. I think JKHub needs to really press for more skins, as it has only about 1/10th as many as JKFiles. Although most skins on JKFiles suck, I do feel that there could be some ground to make there. Whenever JKHub comes across a large foray of skins, there needs to be some standards set in place which can make skin browsing that much easier.

For starters, no more giant lists with teeny little icons and only one category. No. Bad donkeh. Instead, we should have a better tagging system for skins, which can convey the general style of the skin: "Goth, Cowboy, Trooper", what have you, as well as perhaps some other things too. The author of the skin specifies the tags.

Secondly, what we need is a search bar which will search for the tags. Also, the list would have to be converted to a gallery, which makes use of javascript of some sort, and has larger picture of each skin. Think the iPod touch album menu (when in landscape view), but with pictures of people's skins. That would make browsing sooooo much easier, because now you don't have to click each skin to see if you like it. All you need to do is scroll past the skin to see if its good.

What do you guys think?

MaceMadunusus, Sentra and Azatha like this

This would be a great idea. I wouldn't just limit this to skins, but also to maps. It's really hard to trawl through map after map just to find one that has a certain element. I think the gallery idea is great to, if the user wishes to use it. A picture is worth a thousand words.