Me causing dark problems via attempting to write a shader

OCD2

Hello all,

Once again, I've done something thats halted my project (s)!  

I attempted to write a shader to smooth brush edges in my map.

Failed!

The map lighting was darkened.

To preface, I also edited the map I was working on in the same session, and thought that may have caused darkening to that level when tested.

But today while testing different things with Chalklynes spider on another map project, I found that map to be darkened as well!

I tried reverting the shader file to a working version I saved before my editing attempt, but it did not have any effect.

What could I have done?   Why would more than one map project shaders/light darken?  

bigphil2695 likes this
29 minutes ago, NAB622 said:

If it helps, make a fresh install of the game in a different location to be used for editing only. It helps a lot with conflicts and makes a cleaner workspace.

Yes, I think that is great advice, thank you.

I developed an impromptu filing system that definitely would work better in a clean setting!

In this instance, I deleted the shader file unintentionally after performing a reinstall awhile ago, and not having the shader file in the pk3 file that I saved.    Oops!

I remade it, better than before with some of the tips and tricks people have shared.   (Thank you all!)

The other darkened map issue was a bad construction causing an encapsulated leak which darkened player models and the map.     

So two separate issues, made by accident from not having an efficient workflow or workspace like you suggested.

I'm slowly learning! and always try to fix issues that I create.   

I'm really glad this community exists, so many people have offered help, and I truly appreciate every bit.