Issues With Skin Line Up

I am having a particular issue with getting some skinning done. The head I am using has a pattern I need to add and it is very complex to find the direct way to get it match. Is there a trick to seeing how a texture is put together on a model so that I can get the pattern just right?

I am having a particular issue with getting some skinning done. The head I am using has a pattern I need to add and it is very complex to find the direct way to get it match. Is there a trick to seeing how a texture is put together on a model so that I can get the pattern just right?

It tends to be a case of trial and error. The closest you will get is using modview http://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/31-how-to-use-modview/

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but you're asking how to know which part of the 2d texture you paint will end up where on the model? There's software that allows you to paint directly on the model - I think recent versions of Photoshop support it, as well as the freeware Blender and others.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but you're asking how to know which part of the 2d texture you paint will end up where on the model? There's software that allows you to paint directly on the model - I think recent versions of Photoshop support it, as well as the freeware Blender and others.

Really? I was not aware of that. I might have to look into it. Thanks. :)