Stop NPC to push out of force grip

As far as i remember from prior discussions on the topic, this is hardcoded to forcewielder classes, or to lightsaber wielders. I think that it also depends on the player's own Force Grip level, and the enemy's rank (it's nearly impossible to Grip a commander rank). Cultist are easier to grip than Reborn, especially the higher the player's Grip level, but they'll still try to Force Push out of it.

Then there's the presence of a lightsaber: an npc with a saber will somehow Push out even if they don't have any Force powers. Strangely enough, this also makes them level 1 Force Jump acrobats when it comes to evading blaster fire.

General Howard likes this

Does tweaking evasion and reaction to 0 help with it and put the rank to civilian?

I think changing those will not affect the character's rank in any way. If anything, it might just make them dumber :D

Still, don't take my word for it. Experiment! Just remember to make back-ups, just in case.

Now, who among us knows this stuff better? Maybe @@eezstreet or @@Jeff?

I think changing those will not affect the character's rank in any way. If anything, it might just make them dumber :D

Still, don't take my word for it. Experiment! Just remember to make back-ups, just in case.

I'm not well versed on NPC's but I think the force power ranks matter.

• 2 months later...

I finally found the time to experiment. I did not find any combination to avoid the pushing. So if we don't change the code there is no way?

I think it's hardcoded in all force users classes. 

Unfortunately not only for Force user classes but also for anyone who is using lightsaber or melee weapon. For example Magnaguards, Tusken with axe (for MD mod), Praetorian guards even I have given them class_stormtrooper.