EA | Star Wars : Jedi Fallen Order Predictions?

So Vince from Respawn Entertainment they teased a new Star Wars game (EA already done with SWBF2 i guess?) Either way lets talk about what your hopes, expectations and predictions on what the "Jedi Fallen Order" is going to be about? For me i think its going have the same type of combat as TFU, as i really can't see them doing a saber combat just like Jedi Outcast & Jedi Academy.

So what are your thoughts about this upcoming game?

Reference Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1blupI8Nd8M

Smoo likes this

I have a hunch that it wil basically just be TFU re-visited with the latest graphics. Since it's set in between episodes three and four.

It could have the inquisitors as the main villains, if so, then we'll probably get some easter eggs about Kanan and his past.
It's not something I want, but Disney has tendency of building bridges between the movies, games and animated series.

dg1995, the_raven, Smoo and 1 other like this

I have a hunch that it wil basically just be TFU re-visited with the latest graphics. Since it's set in between episodes three and four.

It could have the inquisitors as the main villains, if so, then we'll probably get some easter eggs about Kanan and his past.

It's not something I want, but Disney has tendency of building bridges between the movies, games and animated series.

Well, we're playing the role of a Jedi/Padawan.. A somewhat interesting angle, I guess. I know I'd much rather be someone like Vader and hunt the Jedi down, with the Clones.. But then it wouldn't be called "Jedi: Fallen Order". If you saw the footage from EA's STAR WARS 2016 trailer, RESPAWN showed some lightsaber combat mo-cap footage, but whether that was done for cut-scenes, I dunno. As long as it has a strong, in-depth story.. It should be good. I just hope the saber combat is more like the JK series.. I don't want another "hack 'n slash" style game, like TFU.

Smoo and MrDJSilva like this

I do not think that Jedi Fallen Order be like The Force Unleashed, because in TFU you were a hunter, while in Jedi Fallen Order you seem to be a padawan during the fall of the Jedi Order, that is, a prey. Maybe action with slight elements of survival, until the padawan leaves to be prey and becomes hunter.

MrDJSilva and Smoo like this

Well, it'll probably be either a survival-horror/ stealth-action game (since you're a surviving Jedi during Order 66, and a trainee at that), or some kind of third person shooter in the style of the remade Shadow Warrior (minus the cheezy humor).

It definitely won't be a JK remake, although it'd have made the most sense - you start with a few weak Force powers and a lightsaber, but since you don't have a master to teach you, all you can do is slowly develop these, and learn to use blasters and such. You'll probably have to pretend to be a mercenary, maybe steal holocrons in some levels, so as to learn new powers. If we're lucky, it'll have a couple of dogfighting levels. Maybe it'll also have different endings, depending on the player's choice - join the Inquisitors (if they'll be featured), remain a Jedi (two more potential endings), or abandon the Force entirely (though this is highly unlikely, since they're probably making an action game, and not an rpg). Alternatively, the 'joining the Inquisitors' bit might be part of the actual plot, which would give additional meaning to the title. I also think it may feature some kind of character creation (at least, at this point, it's safe to assume that it will).

I also have to agree with some of the previous comments, and there is a big chance it'll be a game about young Kanan, set before Rebels.

A small off-topic: Did anyone ever hear of Respawn Entertainment? What games d'they make?

Edit: CoD4 and Titanfall 1 and 2. From what I remember, CoD4 was kinda fun. Don't know about Titanfall, never played it. I wonder though, if the Titanfall games are first person only, then does that mean we'll have first person lightsaber combat in SW: Fallen Order?

MrDJSilva and Smoo like this

Who knows, maybe we will play as Kanan. :P

Don't be too sure. We will play as Ezra.(Aladin in space) instead.

It will be a Dark Souls clone with lightsabers.(Since original The Force Unleashed was a God Of War clone but these days no one makes hack'n slash games excluding Capcom and Platinum games)

And It won't be a Jedi Knight game since EA just looks at the sales data of Star Wars games and makes games based on that.(Battlefront,The Force Unleashed , Episode 3 game on consoles and Kotor were more successful than JK)

A small off-topic: Did anyone ever hear of Respawn Entertainment? What games d'they make?

Yes, they're the people behind the Call of Duty- franchise and the Titanfall games, so it's safe to say that their specialty is first person shooter games. I have to admit that they are good at creating cinematically impressive stories, but the gameplay itself feels more or less the same in each of these games, so I'm not sure what to expect from them. This new StarWars game is going to be an action/adventure game with story set shortly after the events of episode three, and we're going to play as a Jedi/Padawan, so it doesn't seem logical to me that it would be played from the first person perspective, unless the game has VR support.

dg1995, the_raven, MrDJSilva and 1 other like this
  • 2 months later...

According to some rumors it's going to be similar to The Force Unleashed.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-story

In the podcast (starting somewhere around the 18:40 mark), host Jason Ward said he’d been talking to “someone in the gaming industry,” and had learned a little about the tone of the game. Ward says that Fallen Order will “be pretty much like Force Unleashed without the Mountain Dew qualities.”

Smoo likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

Most likely it means less crazy-ass stuff like force pulling a ship.

But why and how is it crazy? It's the Force we're talking about! Anything is possible with the Force! The tiny, old Yoda could Force move Luke's x-wing no problem, so why is it such a stretch that a young guy that's supposedly so powerful in the Force could pull a star destroyer out of the sky?

Have they forgotten Jedi Academy and its combat system?

Meh, they're just catering to the lowest common denominator - who needs a badass but complex (to make and master) fighting system when one can go with a simple but flashy one?

A bunch of stuck-up JK fans on one of the last big JK community-sites are just a minority, they need to get with the times and stoop to everyone's low level! Besides, they'll buy and play the game anyway, so who cares what they think? Fuck those guys!

Also, we don't yet know what it'll be like, maybe they'll actually improve TFU's fighting system? (yeah, right) As long as it's not as big a turd as Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands was, it should be fine.
Smoo likes this

But why and how is it crazy? It's the Force we're talking about! Anything is possible with the Force! The tiny, old Yoda could Force move Luke's x-wing no problem, so why is it such a stretch that a young guy that's supposedly so powerful in the Force could pull a star destroyer out of the sky?

It's nothing we've ever seen in any movie, and I'm pretty sure they're wanting to keep to what we see in the movies in terms of the force. Gotta admit, pulling a ship out of the sky was pretty out there.

I think that combat ain't work too well on a PS4/Xbox1 controller.Since their games are console focused.

Although I have not played in console, I read that Jedi Academy plays fairly well with a controller. Also if it is by the powers of the Force and insufficient number of buttons, you can resort to a wheel, like Prey.

z3filus likes this