Suggestions about the JA and JO source code

I considered that once the source code for Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy was published, we can discuss things that we like that were made through the source code. These are my suggestions for the single player of Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.

1. A lightshield in the arm not carrying lightsaber that can rise by clicking the right mouse button and protect you only from frontal hits from blasters, missiles, lightsabers, etc. Jedi as futurist paladins.

2. A lightsaber that pressing a button will become lightwhip and it at the expense of Force points has sniper mode.

3. Self-regenerative telekinetic shield for  the player and other Force users.

4. Force push and Force pull could be fired as fast as you press the buttons, they could be loaded and they could be regulated in scope and breadth: the extreme are long range but would only reach an individual and have a 360 degrees but only short range.

5. Two types of Force pull: normal and disarm, which pull only the weapons of targets.

6. Force speed spends Force points only gradually and it could be deactivated immediately to press the Force speed button.

7. Two types of Force speed: normal and dash, which does not consume Force points.

8. Force users could trigger Force speed without the player has triggered this power first.

9. Two types of Force sense: normal and passive radar. The normal is also night vision and only shows the auras of the living beings. The radar shows current threats and allies.

10. Combat precognition: indications of imminent threats.

11. Force absorb spends Force points only gradually, it could be deactivated immediately to press the Force absorb button and it is a passive defense against the instant kill of Force grip. 

12. Force protection is the passive self-regenerative telekinetic shield: by pressing a button would increase the power of the shield at the expense of Force points.

13. Force health is a passive power in the highest level.

14. Three types of Mind trick: normal, invisibility and adopt the appearance of other individual.

15. Force lightning as natural lightning and it could be regulated to shoot continuously or on timely manner.

16. Force grip does only harm individuals without raising them, but at the highest level could instantly kill several non-Force users and its range is as far as the eye.

17. Force telekinesis: the Force users can grab living and nonliving beings away without making damage and its range is as far as the eye.

18. Force rage is a passive power: it is activated only if the player hits multiple enemies in a row.

19. Force drain only deprive the player's life, not Force points, and it cancels passive Force health in the proximity of the drainer.

20. Force throw can go the lightsaber as far as the eye and the player can direct the lightsaber from a perspective located in the lightsaber.

21. A grapple hook for the player and the Force users enemies.

22. To hold the edges of a platform.

I know that some of these suggestions involve radical changes to the gameplay, but this is not necessarily bad. My suggestions involve a much more powerful player, but keep in mind that the enemies who are Force users also would be much more powerful, so the fighting can be very funny.

Finally, my suggestions could also serve a new game of style of Jedi Knight. What do you think?

erm most of these suggestions were already possible prior to the source code being released in April of last year. :P

But most of these suggestions were not possible to single player before the publication of the source code. By other hand, I would like someone to do at least the first three suggestions.

eezstreet likes this

1. Seems little out in the field. So it like "guard" which if you have a saber out pretty much would deflect on coming blaster attacks (most of the time)
2. That would be fun to see a Whip style saber in JKA but I dont think even with source code it can be done. Really nothing in the game atm you could say follows that.
3. So pretty much ability to regenerate ones shields before or during combat.....dueling would never be fun. Even if its just for Force users.

and 19. I would love to see the range increased with this.

I agree with 5. It would make the power a lot more usable to me. But the biggest issue I have with speed is that it makes the movement and friction into essentially pudding because it alters the timescale as well as the movement speed. I think the movement has to be tweaked greatly imo.

13 sounds interesting too. The ability to disguise yourself would be pretty interesting I think.

1. Seems little out in the field. So it like "guard" which if you have a saber out pretty much would deflect on coming blaster attacks (most of the time)

2. That would be fun to see a Whip style saber in JKA but I dont think even with source code it can be done. Really nothing in the game atm you could say follows that.

3. So pretty much ability to regenerate ones shields before or during combat.....dueling would never be fun. Even if its just for Force users.

and 19. I would love to see the range increased with this.

1. A duelist with saber and shield generally has an advantage over a duelist with one saber and could face more successfully gunslingers with different weapons.

3. I agree with you in multiplayer, but I think in single player would be worth a self-regenerative shield, if we put more powerful enemies, like Force beasts, mechs, robots, etc.

Bacon likes this