Custom Sounds in JO

How does one go about adding new sounds to Jedi Outcast? I've seen wav and mp3 files in the game so I'm guessing those are the 2 default formats I'll be using. Is there any specific bit rate on this stuff that needs to be taken into consideration? Kinda like textures must be a power of 2. Any specifics with each file type? 

Could someone explain this process to me or link me a good tutorial? 

Shoot. I forget the exact limits. It's different between sound effects and music I believe. Going from the ones found in the assets, you can at least do:

Music: MP3, Stereo, 44100Hz, 32 bit

Sound: WAV, Mono, 22050Hz, 32 bit

MP3, Stereo, 44100Hz, 32 bit

I'm sure there's some leeway between some settings, like the sample rate. I think WAV can actually go down to 44100 as well, not sure.

WAV has to have 16bit depth, mono and 22khz, regular MP3 sounds have to be mono unless you call a command "mp3_calcvols" with subcommand "-stereo", 44khz, only music is stereo. Also according to the code MP3 has to be 16 bit, though I checked files and they are 32 bit. Weird :s

I was able to find a cell phone ringtone of a Geiger counter and get it to load in game. Hurray for this!

It was 32-bit and worked sort of ok. I set it to a trigger hurt and then I tried it with a trigger multiple. The sound just keeps playing though, even when you leave the trigger.

I have an area where I have a sealed room Kyle falls into where radioactive waste is. I'd like the Geiger counter sound to play when he's in the trigger but stop when he's out of the trigger. Would I have to set this up with a target speaker?

Well, I played around with this a bit more and it appears the problem I ran into was length of the ringtone itself. It was 13 seconds. I cut it down to 1.5 seconds using Audacity. I then started again just using Trigger_Hurt and the sound in the test map and it works great! I enter the trigger, the sound goes, and the player gets hurt.