Was Star Wars:Obiwan game supposed to be Jedi Knight 2 ?

I read somewhere that the controls of this game(Using right stick for lightsaber attacks) were originally designed for PC. The graphics also looked poor for it's time for some reason.

These makes me feel that actually it was supposed to be Jedi Knight 2 but then Lucasarts management saw how awful the game looked and played and for that they decided to outsource jedi knight 2 to Raven and turn that version into a cash grab movie tie in. Is it true ?

I highly doubt it. The amount of games made during the Episode I craze was always intentional. After they released the Episode I game in 1999 (made by Big Ape Productions), the Xbox came out, and I'm sure they wanted to get a new game on there ASAP, one that tied in with the movie. 

That's just my speculation, though.

General Howard likes this

I highly doubt it. The amount of games made during the Episode I craze was always intentional. After they released the Episode I game in 1999 (made by Big Ape Productions), the Xbox came out, and I'm sure they wanted to get a new game on there ASAP, one that tied in with the movie. 

That's just my speculation, though.

But It's weird that the first game they released on xbox was such a bad looking game.

Thanks. Here is the translated version(it's translation is not that good):

"More about setting Obi-Wan for the PC
Wednesday, November 29, 2000 [One year before the release of the game] at 12:16 pm by sAiOtEk
On Gamestar.de there is more information about the setting of Obi-Wan for the PC.

GameStar.de has already reported that LucasArts has discontinued its action game Obi-Wan. Now, Simon Jeffery, head of the company, has clarified some of the reasons in an interview with Gamecenter. So the game is not the successor to the classic Jedi Knight expected by PC fans, but something completely different and would have disappointed the players; GameStar had previously criticized the game because of the emphasis on overly complex sword fights and Tomb Raider perspective.
Jeffery also says that Obi-Wan would very well run on fast PCs - in the point he is dissatisfied with the official press release, which had shown this differently. However, it is unlikely that average computers would have displayed the (in preview versions not very impressive) graphics properly. After all, between the lines is to read that for a real Jedi Knight 2 is quite hope."

So from that I can make out(Or maybe speculate) that Simon Jeffery(The CEO of Lucasarts from 2000-2003) cancelled the PC version because:
1.It might have disappointed jedi knight fans.   
2.I think The game's PC version wasn't running well.(The Wikipedia of Obiwan game refers to this as the reason of this game's cancellation)

Unfortunately it still didn't answer this question that why this game was so graphically poor.

...actually it was supposed to be Jedi Knight 2 but then Lucasarts management saw how awful the game looked and played and for that they decided to outsource jedi knight 2 to Raven and turn that version into a cash grab movie tie in. Is it true ?

It's true. I have the book Rogue Leaders: The Story of LucasArts which details it. Not exactly in that way, but it was originally going to be a sequel

dg1995 likes this

It's true. I have the book Rogue Leaders: The Story of LucasArts which details it. Not exactly in that way, but it was originally going to be a sequel

Thanks, by the way do you know anywhere that i can download that book with good quality ? I can't buy it since I live in a country that doesn't sell this book.