Is there a way to reload .shader files while playing the game?

Corto
Go to solution Solved by AshuraDX,

I've removed the blaster_r shader from the factory shaders a long time ago, just in case. I tried modifying the custom pset, I tried redirecting the actual texture in the material, I deleted the custom pset. Nothing. The game only shows the diffuse texture. It's completely ignoring the shader file. I'm going to take a look at the sourcecode to see if I can figure out exactly how the shaders work.

• Solution

I've removed the blaster_r shader from the factory shaders a long time ago, just in case. I tried modifying the custom pset, I tried redirecting the actual texture in the material, I deleted the custom pset. Nothing. The game only shows the diffuse texture. It's completely ignoring the shader file. I'm going to take a look at the sourcecode to see if I can figure out exactly how the shaders work.

a random Idea: try and swap / for \ in your custom Pset.

Actually, only ascii is the correct encoding. Utf8 isn't really supported officially even if it might work.

Ah, good to know. Every vanilla text file from the game seems to be an "utf-8 without bom" encoding, at least that's what notepad++ says. This may be different from version to version (steam vs cd)?