Let's discuss mods

Eh, that's a vague title.

I've been browsing though the mods section and noticed that there aren't many mods that deal with Rebels, Rogue One, or TFA. The ones available are mostly sabers, player models, reskins, and only a few maps. Now these are indeed all good and welcome, and I know there aren't many mappers left among us, and that the three aforementioned um...products(?) are not very popular with most people, but then, why is there so little content on TCW, which everyone likes a lot better?

I'm probably gonna get bashed for saying this, but let's stop making skins, player models, and sabers, and actually get to making more maps, especially ones from TCW, Rebels, TFA, and Rogue One, because there many places there that'd make great Duel or FFA maps.

What do you all think?

Kuhe, Jeff and Teancum like this

I've been browsing though the mods section and noticed that there aren't many mods that deal with Rebels, Rogue One, or TFA. The ones available are mostly sabers, player models, reskins, and only a few maps. Now these are indeed all good and welcome, and I know there aren't many mappers left among us, and that the three aforementioned um...products(?) are not very popular with most people, but then, why is there so little content on TCW, which everyone likes a lot better?

I'm probably gonna get bashed for saying this, but let's stop making skins, player models, and sabers, and actually get to making more maps, especially ones from TCW, Rebels, TFA, and Rogue One, because there many places there that'd make great Duel or FFA maps.

What do you all think?

I  agree whith you, i'm waiting for a Scarif map,other Star Wars games like the two battlefronts from Pandemic are very active in mapping. If I knew how to make maps i would make a lot of interesting maps, for example a port of the tatooine dune sea map for Battlefront (2004) wich i trying make it but is so difficult, and a dagobah map too( i don't know why isn't a dagobah map),or maps based in the new battlefront  would be a good idea, i know mapping  is difficult and would take a lot of time but the maps you mentioned would be a great addition for this game

the_raven likes this

I  agree whith you, i'm waiting for a Scarif map,other Star Wars games like the two battlefronts from Pandemic are very active in mapping. If I knew how to make maps i would make a lot of interesting maps, for example a port of the tatooine dune sea map for Battlefront (2004) wich i trying make it but is so difficult, and a dagobah map too( i don't know why isn't a dagobah map),or maps based in the new battlefront  would be a good idea, i know mapping  is difficult and would take a lot of time but the maps you mentioned would be a great addition for this game

If only there were better\ easier mapping tools for JK :(

What do you all think?

I think people should make whatever they want. :)
Teancum likes this

I absolutely wish there were more people making maps. However I agree that the community should be able to focus on what they want. At this point, some 13-14 years since the game's release we're lucky the community has as much health as it does. And I think we see so much focus on models because of the multiplayer focus. Most mod maps only run on special servers that are half of the time password protected, so people don't see the need to create in that zone.