What if Legends Were Film

What if The Force Awakens never happened, and the Legends (Expanded Universe) story arc was turned into a film saga? See for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHYLraOs7Z4

(Keep in mind this is a very-low-budget, fan production.)

I saw this and they nailed it well for what they could pull off. And if they did a Dark Forces movie quadrilogy from DF1 to JKA, I'd see every-single-one.

Cerez likes this

@@Cerez

I do believe this is a rare case (among the fan-made films), when I enjoyed the story and actors more than the environment. Despite the latter, I like, when people pay attention to details, and here they tried to do that (respect for this). Actually for a fan-made movie, it's very well done. I didn't read the description at first, and thought, that we would see Caedus. The girl revealed herself as Jaina quite quickly even before the plot put this fact before us directly.

This reminded how I looked for all of the fan-made movies on Star Wars, made back in 2000s. The first being Troopers, sure. It was quite funny. There were a few others, which draw my attention at the time, like Sins of the Jedi, it captured more of a feel about the Dark Times, when a Weequay Jedi master and his apprentice hide on a planet with Medieval architecture, occupied by the Empire. It even included a cantina. The most impressive about it is probably the Weequay Jedi Master himself, but the dialogues are a bit artificial, I think. The adventure includes a bunch of stomtroopers. It was never finished, as I recall.

There were a few others, including the Italian film, which tells the story of the Jedi Order in the distant future, with only a cameo from R2-D2 and a surname of Organa for one of the very old Jedi members. I do believe it takes place in some 150+ ABY. It's quite easy to find it on youtube.

A Light in the Darkness had some interesting ideas in the story, which is shown from the perspective of a dweller of the planet, first occupied by the CIS droids and later – by the Empire. It shows, that for ordinary people the aftermath of the Clone Wars wasn't clear at all, because no one could understand why and how the Clones would attack their fellow masters. The main character is actually young and is quite impressed with the Jedi he remembers from his childhood.

The most peculiar of all was, perhaps the Revelations, which had quite the beginning, and brings in the familiar elements from the Expanded Universe, such as the Emperor's hand (hinting, there were more than one). In this one I like mostly the locations and the Galactic Senate dissolution scene.

TheWhitePhoenix and Cerez like this

A Light in the Darkness had some interesting ideas in the story, which is shown from the perspective of a dweller of the planet, first occupied by the CIS droids and later – by the Empire. It shows, that for ordinary people the aftermath of the Clone Wars wasn't clear at all, because no one could understand why and how the Clones would attack their fellow masters. The main character is actually young and is quite impressed with the Jedi he remembers from his childhood.

What a great fan production and story. The little one's performance in that outstanding opening is first class! Thanks for sharing. ^_^

(The other two were interesting to see, as well. It's a pity that Sins of the Jedi's visual story was never finished.)

NumberWan likes this