Kotor Conversion Mod

Are you planning on changing the music to the KOTOR soundtrack as well? I'm liking what I'm seeing so far! :winkthumb:

Yes, I will make my own music mod.

Your dialogue splicing is spot on but I was honestly hoping you were going to be making new levels, maybe get permission from some map makers to use their KOTOR maps?

That will come in the far future, I hope.

Yes, I will make my own music mod.

That will come in the far future, I hope.

I have a solution but it's very dodgy. I can convert any module in KOTOR to a .md3 and place it in a .map but it'll require manually adding collision brushes and lighting, the latter of which isn't too hard.

the other solution which is a hell of a lot more time consuming is to use those exported modules as a reference as well as their textures to re-create the level.

The New Order likes this

I have a solution but it's very dodgy. I can convert any module in KOTOR to a .md3 and place it in a .map but it'll require manually adding collision brushes and lighting, the latter of which isn't too hard.

the other solution which is a hell of a lot more time consuming is to use those exported modules as a reference as well as their textures to re-create the level.

I would prefer this dodgy solution to playing the Jedi Academy maps honesty, the other thing would be; even though there's dozens of retexture mods for KOTOR, please don't use one- I say this because I believe you should use the original look of the game as primary inspiration. But if you're a good enough artist I'm sure you could pull a Halo 2: Anniversary and make things look updated and slightly different whilst maintaining the feel and atmosphere of KOTOR.

I wouldn't ask you to do KOTOR II as frankly an action- gamey style adaptation wouldn't do it justice- where as the plot of K1 is fairly straightforward good v.s evil, and there's really only ever two ways to approach a Quest in most cases. 

I would prefer this dodgy solution to playing the Jedi Academy maps honesty, the other thing would be; 

even though there's dozens of rexteture mods for KOTOR, please don't use one- I say this because I believe you should use the original look of the game as primary inspiration.

But if you're a good enough artist I'm sure you could pull a Halo 2: Anniversary and make things look updated and slightly different whilst maintaining the feel and atmosphere of KOTOR.

I wouldn't ask you to do KOTOR II as frankly an action- gamey style adaptation wouldn't do it justice- where as the plot of K1 is fairly straightforward good v.s evil, and there's really only ever two ways to approach a Quest in most cases. 

well, dodgy in the sense that I don't know if it'd be entirely legal to release with the conversion :P

GPChannel and The New Order like this

I like the idea, but you'd honestly need to rework the entire story for that last line to make sense.

I'd advise laying out a sort of road map for this mod, the main plot points of KOTOR. 

Then see how you can achieve each plot point with a non-speaking main character (Silence Jaden lol)

Maybe think about using some KOTOR maps the community has made, Taris with a few edits would be a no- brainer.

If I was a mapper I'd help you make whole new levels personally- imagine how exciting exploring Taris' multiple levels would be if it actually had multiple levels ala- Nar Shaddaa in Jedi Outcast. Or if the interior of the Star Forge was completely vertical? 

Go nuts if you can IMO

I like the idea, but you'd honestly need to rework the entire story for that last line to make sense.

I'd advise laying out a sort of road map for this mod, the main plot points of KOTOR. 

Then see how you can achieve each plot point with a non-speaking main character (Silence Jaden lol)

Maybe think about using some KOTOR maps the community has made, Taris with a few edits would be a no- brainer.

If I was a mapper I'd help you make whole new levels personally- imagine how exciting exploring Taris' multiple levels would be if it actually had multiple levels ala- Nar Shaddaa in Jedi Outcast. Or if the interior of the Star Forge was completely vertical? 

Go nuts if you can IMO

Yeah, thats the goal. I plan to work on it. 

LucyTheAlien and GPChannel like this
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...