Blood Mod Request

https://jkhub.org/files/file/687-bloodplus-goredismemberment-mod-v15-v31/

I'd like a version of the 3.1 that doesn't overwrite NPC models, for instance if I wanted to use both this and say; https://jkhub.org/files/file/1695-dt-stormtrooper-rotj/ 

together, there's a problem in that the blood-mod switches the models back to the default or doesn't work at all- depending upon how I organise it.

@@LucyTheAlien

Did it work?

I don't think that a reupload would be necessary, especially when the essential files are unmodded. If removing the ext_data folder really does the trick, then it's something everyone can do who has that mod already.

Yup, worked perfectly but now you've got me in the mind to try removing certain things that irk me from other mods too now LOL

For instance the NPC heads in JK Enhanced that you can select in SP that are of characters ingame UGH. 

Gore/Dismemberment Mod

After some playing I've realised that this isn't really to my taste, the red smoke is fantastic though but the sparks of blood replacing the light sparks when you strike someone are unsightly. 

So I was wondering if maybe @@Lancelot could help me in finding a way of tweaking this mod so that it essentially just adds that gorgeous red smoke, with a little blood splatter but no blood sparks. 

Gore/Dismemberment Mod

After some playing I've realised that this isn't really to my taste, the red smoke is fantastic though but the sparks of blood replacing the light sparks when you strike someone are unsightly. 

So I was wondering if maybe @@Lancelot could help me in finding a way of tweaking this mod so that it essentially just adds that gorgeous red smoke, with a little blood splatter but no blood sparks. 

That shouldn't be a big problem. The mod uses transparent .tga-files that contain the blood textures, which can be easily edited. So, you don't want pools of blood, just some drops and smoke? 

All you have to do is to make the blood transparent as well. I see what I can do.

LucyTheAlien likes this

That shouldn't be a big problem. The mod uses transparent .tga-files that contain the blood textures. So, you don't want pools of blood, just some drops and smoke?

Yup and the effect that happens whenever you move your lightsaber into someone, for instance Chewie- and in the base game it's some little sparks- but in this game it's ridiculous blood sparks that shoot everywhere.

But it seems if I remove them the blood stops entirely in every other way as well. 

Yup and the effect that happens whenever you move your lightsaber into someone, for instance Chewie- and in the base game it's some little sparks- but in this game it's ridiculous blood sparks that shoot everywhere.

But it seems if I remove them the blood stops entirely in every other way as well. 

So, I tried to make the medium to big splats transparent. The problem is that they now appear like translucent panes. The mod also uses .efx-files, which probably need to be edited, but I don't know how to do that properly.

Any ideas, @@eezstreet

LucyTheAlien likes this

So, I tried to make the medium to big splats transparent. The problem is that they now appear like translucent panes. The mod also uses .efx-files, which probably need to be edited, but I don't know how to do that properly.

Any ideas, @@eezstreet

Screenshot? Can't quite tell what you mean by "translucent panes".

EFX files can be edited in Notepad or EffectsEd, which came with the original SDK.

@@eezstreet

I don't have a screenshot from what I made, but let me explain it this one from the mod:

https://jkhub.org/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=5814&id=687&full=1

I made some of the big blood textures transparent by erasing the blood in Gimp, so that only the transparency grid is there. I thought that it would make the blood completely invisible, but I think it triggered some sort of texture glitch instead.

Imagine the blood splatters you see above as semi-transparent white tiles.