Question about GLAmerge.

So i managed to do this after some issues with the model that was messed up in the modview. Too bad because.. i managed to do it (after everything i changed the stupid path in the _humanoid_v ((my gla)) file to make it use not the default _humanoid.) But i.. was doing so many things on the way i.. dont know why it worked to be honest :P

But i want to ask about the process.. I am making aniamtions in blender.. and.. here is my question. Default _Humanoid skeleton use 21376. So doesnt it means that i need to (in blender) Move my all 5-6 sequence animations to the starting point of the 21377 frame? Or just export my small anmiation file and make it start even from the first frame and use glamerge to merge files?

My biggest question is just : It will merge the animations in the meaning that my animations will be added in the begining and they will replace existing frames in the _humanoid file? Or it will add my animations in the end after last frame of default _humanoid to later change frames in the animation.cfg file to make model use the animation that i want?

GLAMerge, as the name says, merges the original .gla skeleton and animation file with the new animations in a second .gla file. So it does not overwrite the original animations, but rather adds them at the end automatically - to replace animations you'll have to set the original animation marker in animations.cfg to play the new frames, after 21376.

Langerd likes this

GLAMerge, as the name says, merges the original .gla skeleton and animation file with the new animations in a second .gla file. So it does not overwrite the original animations, but rather adds them at the end automatically - to replace animations you'll have to set the original animation marker in animations.cfg to play the new frames, after 21376.

Thanks  It works! Still they are not perfect ( i am learning on player model .. but .. they look quite ok. The problem i found is that.. GLA merge did not merged without crush two _humanoids that i made that had 4-5 sequences.. it only works when i merge smaller _humanoid with default one :/..

http://sendvid.com/ec52jr2i

The standing stance and walking is my favourite part.. but there is some issue.. for example when i turn off the saber everything works fine.. but when i am going forward and while moving i will turn off the saber ... Vader for some reason is 90 degree with his head towards the legs.. i dont know why ..

KPsO5.jpg

@Langard -- "...The standing stance and walking is my favourite part.. but there is some issue.. for example when i turn off the saber everything works fine.. but when i am going forward and while moving i will turn off the saber ... Vader for some reason is 90 degree with his head towards the legs... i dont know why."

Hmm... not sure-- maybe that is some conflict you have with upper torso and lower leg animations not having proper tag alignments? (Torso and leg animations can be mixed & matched)...

Instructions:

//========================================================================
//
//            GLA Merger version 1.2b
//
//            Copyright 2003 by Alex Shapiro (aka ASk)
//
//            Additional credits go to (in no particular order):
//
//                    Wudan, RazorAce, JaiiDerHerr,
//                    Tchouky, CortoMaltes, Jedistone,
//                    and anyone that I have forgotten...
//
//========================================================================

==========================================================================
==
== DISCLAIMER:
== THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION,
== RAVEN, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS
== ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.
==
== THE AUTHOR IS NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT THIS PROGRAM
== MAY CAUSE TO USER'S COMPUTER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: DATA LOSS,
== CRASHES AND INSTABILITY.
==        
== REMEMBER: USE OF THIS PROGRAM IS OF YOUR OWN RISK.
==
==========================================================================

=============================  Instructions ==============================

****************** BACKUP FILES BEFORE USING THIS PROGRAM ****************

1) Put the 2 .gla files into the same directory as the program
   User .gla file must contain the 'base' pose (the DaVinci pose) as first frame, it will be ignored     during merge.

2) Invoke the program as "glamerge.exe firstfile secondfile [-o]|[-l]"

- If invoked in this format, 2 user .gla's may be merged into 1.
    - If invoked in "glamerge.exe file" format, _humanoid.gla from the current dir is used as first file.
    - The optional -l switch makes the program dump the bone data (hierarchy) from both gla files, then quit.
    - The optional -o switch makes the program eliminate any redundant bone data (producing .gla files comparable
      to the ones produced with carcass).
    - If both -o and -l are specified, the second of two (in the order they are specified) will be ignored
    - The program rearranges the bones in the correct order, so as long as the hierarchy/origins are the same, it should work.

3) Enter the name of output file

4) Add your animations to animations.cfg file

5) Enjoy

@Langard -- "...The standing stance and walking is my favourite part.. but there is some issue.. for example when i turn off the saber everything works fine.. but when i am going forward and while moving i will turn off the saber ... Vader for some reason is 90 degree with his head towards the legs... i dont know why."

Hmm... not sure-- maybe that is some conflict you have with upper torso and lower leg animations not having proper tag alignments? (Torso and leg animations can be mixed & matched)...

Instructions:

Tags of the model? Or points in the dopesheet in blender? I think it is important too .. but In the Modview everything works fine...

can you show a video of the flaw?

Hmm.. i think i found the issue.. what exaclty the motion bone do?

EDIT: FIXED !!! AHAHAH .. the issue was the motion bone. I looked at the bone angles in the modview.. the running had diffrent motion bone angle than in the walking.. and i made changed animation for Vader to not make him run but he walks but faster. Now it is fixed ^^