AuriusPheonix's WIPs.

The skin which he stole (reference from the photo here) is a model I've been working on since early 2014 to be used in my roleplay community (::JEDI::, Azatha and Magsul can corroborate). This is the second time he has stolen the textures from it, despite the previous time being instructed by Barricade24 to remove it. This time I might add to remove the .pk3 as well so he doesn't ignorantly do the same thing again, even though siphoning textures from another persons work, regardless of whom it's from; is plagiarizing and there's no acceptable reason for him to do so and claim it as his own.

Proof? Cause from what I'm seeing, it seems like you're just spouting out anger for the sake of starting drama.

Ramikad and JAWSFreelao like this

Proof? Cause from what I'm seeing, it seems like you're just spouting out anger for the sake of starting drama.

In fairness, based on the post in question one only needs to Google the :JEDI: website to see that the texture is indeed sourced from Silas' account.

I don't believe the authorship of the texture is actually in dispute, but rather @@AuriusPheonix 's intentions by posting in this thread. If I'm understanding everyone correctly, Aurius has posted it in this thread as an example of a character he has kitbashed for his comic series, whilst @@Silas is of the impression that it has been posted here to imply that the full model - not just the kitbash but all textures too - were created by Aurius. This interpretation is entirely understandable given the title of the thread.

It is no secret that many members of the ::JEDI:: community are highly protective of their custom RP skins - as they have every right to be. I've used several in the creation of custom models for my own comic series, but even though I may have customised them heavily I've avoided posting screenshots of them in my Modding Forum thread specifically because I have no intention of distributing them. They are for private use in the comic, and are credited on the comic's website.

Works posted in WIP threads should ideally only contain content where there is an intention to eventually distribute them for public download. Anything that is specific to other projects (such as a webcomic, or for exclusive use in one of the hosted mods) should be discussed separately in the respective subforum. @@AuriusPheonix seems to have done this already now, but it is worth repeating to avoid future confusions.

The skin which he stole (reference from the photo here) is a model I've been working on since early 2014 to be used in my roleplay community (::JEDI::, Azatha and Magsul can corroborate). This is the second time he has stolen the textures from it, despite the previous time being instructed by Barricade24 to remove it. This time I might add to remove the .pk3 as well so he doesn't ignorantly do the same thing again, even though siphoning textures from another persons work, regardless of whom it's from; is plagiarizing and there's no acceptable reason for him to do so and claim it as his own.

My attitude is more than warranted and frankly is my prerogative given you're a serial offender in regards to siphoning and stealing textures from other people and claiming it as your own work. It's pathetic and it worries me even more that the basis of this current pack you're working on is likely nothing more than an eclectic collection of dozens of peoples work shoved into one. You have done nothing but put it all together. You do not have my permission and I request you delete the .pk3 (silas) if you are so blatantly scavenging through your data-bank of .pk3's to search for textures you could and should be developing and designing on your own.

Co-operation from you is an obligation, considering the fact you're breaching the rules of this website.

Co-operation is not an obligation, as I haven't breached any rules. Your misinterpretation, no matter how viable, is still just that. As Kualan has stated and as it has been mentioned to me, I have tagged your appropriate texture and have already undertaken the liberty of removing it, despite the fact that I did clarify that it was in utilization for a comic created for my and others personal viewing and in no way did I say that I created it. It didn't say I did ​NOT ​create it, however, which is my bad. I understand your frustration and anger and corrected the issue as highlighted by the moderator. Your attitude following that has, however, continued it's discourteous tone, not only slandering me but insinuating that everything I have his is not by my creation.  You are hereby requested to refrain from replying here, in a tone of disrespect towards myself or anyone else. I replied to you in a courteous manner, have heeded your wishes, and cautioned you against the aforementioned attitude. That is how I treat everyone and there will be no exceptions.

Also, for those of you who are yet unaware, and as @@Kualan mentioned, the thread concerning the Comic (which includes ports, and models that I did not create, but will be credited)(Right now I have a pretty broad "JKhub" Credit and I'm working to list off everyone who has contributed to the project through their models, maps and/or textures) can be located at: THIS GIANT BLUE WALL OF TEXT SINCE WE CAN'T PASTE HYPERLINKS

In fairness, based on the post in question one only needs to Google the :JEDI: website to see that the texture is indeed sourced from Silas' account.

I don't believe the authorship of the texture is actually in dispute, but rather @@AuriusPheonix 's intentions by posting in this thread. If I'm understanding everyone correctly, Aurius has posted it in this thread as an example of a character he has kitbashed for his comic series, whilst @@Silas is of the impression that it has been posted here to imply that the full model - not just the kitbash but all textures too - were created by Aurius. This interpretation is entirely understandable given the title of the thread.

It is no secret that many members of the ::JEDI:: community are highly protective of their custom RP skins - as they have every right to be. I've used several in the creation of custom models for my own comic series, but even though I may have customised them heavily I've avoided posting screenshots of them in my Modding Forum thread specifically because I have no intention of distributing them. They are for private use in the comic, and are credited on the comic's website.

Works posted in WIP threads should ideally only contain content where there is an intention to eventually distribute them for public download. Anything that is specific to other projects (such as a webcomic, or for exclusive use in one of the hosted mods) should be discussed separately in the respective subforum. @@AuriusPheonix seems to have done this already now, but it is worth repeating to avoid future confusions.

I can understand being protective of your stuff, like say if someone used my own personal skins without my permission. HOWEVER, as you said, @@AuriusPheonix kitbashed that model himself. So Silus should've looked twice before posting because sometimes, people's emotions get the better of them due to many things, thus they don't double check and see "Oh....That's just similar to mine, never mind then.

Ramikad likes this

[red]Thread locked[/red]

Co-operation is not an obligation, as I haven't breached any rules. Your misinterpretation, no matter how viable, is still just that. As Kualan has stated and as it has been mentioned to me, I have tagged your appropriate texture and have already undertaken the liberty of removing it, despite the fact that I did clarify that it was in utilization for a comic created for my and others personal viewing and in no way did I say that I created it. It didn't say I did ​NOT ​create it, however, which is my bad. I understand your frustration and anger and corrected the issue as highlighted by the moderator. Your attitude following that has, however, continued it's discourteous tone, not only slandering me but insinuating that everything I have his is not by my creation.  You are hereby requested to refrain from replying here, in a tone of disrespect towards myself or anyone else. I replied to you in a courteous manner, have heeded your wishes, and cautioned you against the aforementioned attitude. That is how I treat everyone and there will be no exceptions.

Actually you have, see this file which has Spanki's Sith Customization skin parts without crediting the original author. But I'm willing to overlook it for now because it's not relevant.

For the record, I think both sides could've handled this better. You were shown to use parts from another model and didn't give credit, you don't get to go back and say "Well, I didn't technically break any rules, so your opinion is invalid and you aren't allowed to comment in my thread"1 - while we (the staff) haven't technically banned discussion about things like KotF or EoC or anything like that2 - there's sort of an unwritten rule that states that you don't use other people's work without their permission or otherwise advertise someone else's work as your own. As Kyle Katarn said, "It's not a competition"3 so cooperation is all we have in this community

@@Silas - You probably should've messaged @AuriusPhoenix instead of (or in addition to) messaging one staff member (who is currently on vacation) before deciding to blow up. I get that you're upset, believe me, I've been there, but there were so many better approaches that you could've tried before deciding to lose your marbles here. It's just not worth it.

1 - You have absolutely no say in this, BTW. Any user is free to comment in any thread, unless otherwise stated, as long as they follow the rules.

2 - One could argue that we've been more open in trying to get communication from these modders, especially with the latter

3 - I'm paraphrasing :P

Bottom line - don't use any more of his stuff, period. Post your modding stuff in the modding forum (in a new thread) and the comic stuff in another thread (like the one you linked). This thread is now locked.

Ramikad, Silas and TheWhitePhoenix like this