Missions

Hello,

There are any tutorials here how can I make a custom mission ? Because I didn't find yet.

I need to to make a mission like this: when I kill an Npc the mission complete and play a .roq movie for me. I need to make an .IBI script ?

I am a newbie at missions.

Thank you

Hello,

There are any tutorials here how can I make a custom mission ? Because I didn't find yet.

I need to to make a mission like this: when I kill an Npc the mission complete and play a .roq movie for me. I need to make an .IBI script ?

I am a newbie at missions.

Thank you

In this specific case (and in most others as far as SP missions are concerned) you'll need .IBI scripts, yes. You'll want to set up a deathscript key on your NPC, and the path to the .IBI script file after scripts/ as value.

Feel free to take a look at the Tutorial Section, as well as Redsaurus' excellent SP mapping / mission making Tutorial.

ladiszlai likes this

In this specific case (and in most others as far as SP missions are concerned) you'll need .IBI scripts, yes. You'll want to set up a deathscript key on your NPC, and the path to the .IBI script file after scripts/ as value.

Feel free to take a look at the Tutorial Section, as well as Redsaurus' excellent SP mapping / mission making Tutorial.

Thank you, I will try this :)

Yes, the name of the script and the path after scripts/.

For example, if you have it in scripts/mymap/endlevel.IBI:

Key: deathscript

Value: mymap/endlevel

Obviously, your scripts will need to play the cutscene, and subsequently use a target_level_change set to your next map, or alternatively the script could play the cutscene and fade to credits. Play around with script commands, to get the hang of it.

ladiszlai and Asgarath83 like this

Yes, the name of the script and the path after scripts/.

For example, if you have it in scripts/mymap/endlevel.IBI:

Key: deathscript

Value: mymap/endlevel

Obviously, your scripts will need to play the cutscene, and subsequently use a target_level_change set to your next map, or alternatively the script could play the cutscene and fade to credits. Play around with script commands, to get the hang of it.

Thanks again, it works.

My new question is how can I do that the movie plays after the map loads ? 

Asgarath83 likes this

With a SET_VIDEO into the IBI script executed by info_player_start.

1: place info_player_start into new map.

2: make a trigger box that touch the infoplayer start,

3 set as trigger_once spawnflags: playeronly

4: the trigger have as Key Usescript and value mymap/intro

in intro.IBI file on icarus you put as start up setting the SET_VIDEO (or something like that) command of icarus and you set the path of the roq video you want to be executed. you can also set the path of a custom roq video... but you need to learn how to make a roq video by yourself.

ladiszlai likes this

With a SET_VIDEO into the IBI script executed by info_player_start.

1: place info_player_start into new map.

2: make a trigger box that touch the infoplayer start,

3 set as trigger_once spawnflags: playeronly

4: the trigger have as Key Usescript and value mymap/intro

in intro.IBI file on icarus you put as start up setting the SET_VIDEO (or something like that) command of icarus and you set the path of the roq video you want to be executed. you can also set the path of a custom roq video... but you need to learn how to make a roq video by yourself.

Thank you ! 

Asgarath83 likes this

You'll need to set up a deathscript for the NPC to Affect the Player:

//(BHVD)

affect ( "Player", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )
{
	set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_PLAYERMODEL", "DEFAULT" );
}

This in case you want to completely change the player model, or

//(BHVD)

{
	set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_SKIN", "DEFAULT" );
}

In case you simply want to change the skin (texture) of the current model. Or a mix of both, if you want to change to another model and a specific skin of that model.

ladiszlai likes this

You'll need to set up a deathscript for the NPC to Affect the Player:

//(BHVD)

{
	set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_PLAYERMODEL", "DEFAULT" );
}

This in case you want to completely change the player model, or

//(BHVD)

{
	set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_SKIN", "DEFAULT" );
}

In case you simply want to change the skin (texture) of the current model. Or a mix of both, if you want to change to another model and a specific skin of that model.

Thanks, That is what I needed.

My test map almost complete, I only need to know what is the teleport command in icarus to another bsp map  ? 

So I want to teleport to an another map after I kill an npc, I think I need to add a deathscript but I don't know the command for the teleport in icarus, or is there an another way to teleport after I kill the npc ?

Edit:

I solved with this: I added the NPC_target to my npc and I spawned a target_level_change to my map and I targeted this to the npc, so when I kill the npc the player's level will change.

Now I've got question about game launch:

How can I do that the game automatically load my map after I launch it ? (without I need to type in the cmd: "map mymap")

I think I need to do something in the main.menu or I don't know.

Can help me somebody  ?

Thank you

It's a multi-step process:

1. Inside the root folder of you .pk3 file add a file called gamestart.cfg. Inside it you only need one line:  map mymap (or whatever your map is called)
  2. Create a folder under Jedi Academy/GameData for your new map. So something like:  /Jedi Academy/GameData/my_cool_map
  3. Create a txt file in the same folder as jasp.exe. Inside the txt file write:  jasp +set sv_cheats 1 +set fs_game my_cool_map
  4. Save the file, then rename it as runmymap.bat
  5. Double click on runmymap.bat, then start a new game when the main menu appears.

It's a multi-step process:

1. Inside the root folder of you .pk3 file add a file called gamestart.cfg. Inside it you only need one line:  map mymap (or whatever your map is called)
  2. Create a folder under Jedi Academy/GameData for your new map. So something like:  /Jedi Academy/GameData/my_cool_map
  3. Create a txt file in the same folder as jasp.exe. Inside the txt file write:  jasp +set sv_cheats 1 +set fs_game my_cool_map
  4. Save the file, then rename it as runmymap.bat
  5. Double click on runmymap.bat, then start a new game when the main menu appears.

Thank you, but the map doesn't load when I open the bat.