Kylo Ren's Lightsaber

This is a WIP that I've been working on for the past few weeks. 

It is just about complete, it is currently in the polishing state.

It has a custom blade modification that will be an optional .pk3 file

It also has custom sounds including the ignition sound from Kylo Ren's Lightsaber in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Most other sounds are not accurate to the movie as of yet.  (They will be after the digital release of TFA)

one.png

kylo_rens_hilt.0.jpg

two.png

three.png

We already have two of those.

And this will be your third.  This one is more accurate to the actual design of the saber in the movie.  This one also has custom sounds and blade effects.  Mine is different,  I will not take the feedback of one person to tell me if it is unwanted here or not.  This is the impression I am getting from your comment though.  

Still couldn't hurt for a third. :) Also, it looks good.

I agree! And personally, this is overall much better than those other two versions. @@Darth Martyr, is there any chance you could release this as just 2 .pk3 files? So that you have

- .pk3 file of Saber hilt with red "unstable" blade

and

- .pk3 file of Saber hilt without red "unstable" blade

That would be a much easier and better way of doing it, rather than adding additional .pk3 files on top of what you currently already have.

Can I just make a suggestion though.. In the image shown (below).. The length of the blade is a little too long and could certainly do to be shortened a little. Other than that I can't fault it at all.

two.png

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

I agree! And personally, this is overall much better than those other two versions. @@Darth Martyr, is there any chance you could release this as just 2 .pk3 files? So that you have

- .pk3 file of Saber hilt with red "unstable" blade

and

- .pk3 file of Saber hilt without red "unstable" blade

That would be a much easier and better way of doing it, rather than adding additional .pk3 files on top of what you currently already have.

Can I just make a suggestion though.. In the image shown (below).. The length of the blade is a little too long and could certainly do to be shortened a little. Other than that I can't fault it at all

@ Thank you for the feedback!

I was planning on including 2 .pk3s 

1. This one will include the saber as well as the sounds.

2. This one will include the new blade effect (If this one is not in your base, the only thing you will not have is the blade effect)

Also the reason the blade looks so long in the picture is because of a perspective illusion.  The blade is the same length in game as every default saber (40)

Darth Sion likes this

@ Thank you for the feedback!

I was planning on including 2 .pk3s 

1. This one will include the saber as well as the sounds.

2. This one will include the new blade effect (If this one is not in your base, the only thing you will not have is the blade effect)

Also the reason the blade looks so long in the picture is because of a perspective illusion.  The blade is the same length in game as every default saber (40)

Awesome! So will the first one .pk3 file:

"1. This one will include the saber as well as the sounds."

Include, both the new blade effect as well as the sounds and hilt? That's essentially what I'd be looking for.. To recreate the exact saber likeness from the movie, with just one file (if possible).

Darth Martyr likes this

Awesome! So will the first one .pk3 file:

"1. This one will include the saber as well as the sounds."

Include, both the new blade effect as well as the sounds and hilt? That's essentially what I'd be looking for.. To recreate the exact saber likeness from the movie, with just one file (if possible).

So you'd rather have it set up so that there will be 2 .pk3 files.

PK3 #1:  This will include all the saber files including the new blade effect

or

PK3 #2:  This will include all the saber files excluding the new blade effect

So that you will only need to install a single .pk3.  This would double the file size because I would basically have two of the same file, excluding the blade effect.

Rather than my original thought of: 

PK3 #1: This will include all the saber files.

PK3 #2: This will include the blade effect files to add on additionally.

This option would make the file size much much smaller.

I'm not worried about file size too much, but it just doesn't make sense to have two of the same file rather than have one copy of everything and just split it up.   

So you'd rather have it set up so that there will be 2 .pk3 files.

PK3 #1:  This will include all the saber files including the new blade effect

or

PK3 #2:  This will include all the saber files excluding the new blade effect

So that you will only need to install a single .pk3.  This would double the file size because I would basically have two of the same file, excluding the blade effect.

Rather than my original thought of: 

PK3 #1: This will include all the saber files.

PK3 #2: This will include the blade effect files to add on additionally.

This option would make the file size much much smaller.

I'm not worried about file size too much, but it just doesn't make sense to have two of the same file rather than have one copy of everything and just split it up.   

Yeah, I think it would probably work out a bit better actually. I just thought that, if you can have one .pk3 file with everything included (blade effect, sounds.. the works. etc.) and one .pk3 file without. It would be easier to differentiate between the two and it'd also be a little less confusing and you're not moving multiple files between your downloaded folder and your base folder.

Me, personally.. I'd just go for the complete mod itself, especially when using it with the Kylo Ren model. 'Cos I mean, if you're gonna use Kylo's hilt, you might aswell just use his "unstable" blade effect and sounds, too. It just wouldn't seem right, otherwise. That's my thoughts on it, anyway.

Yeah, I think it would probably work out a bit better actually. I just thought that, if you can have one .pk3 file with everything included (blade effect, sounds.. the works. etc.) and one .pk3 file without. It would be easier to differentiate between the two and it'd also be a little less confusing and you're not moving multiple files between your downloaded folder and your base folder.

Me, personally.. I'd just go for the complete mod itself, especially when using it with the Kylo Ren model. 'Cos I mean, if you're gonna use Kylo's hilt, you might aswell just use his "unstable" blade effect and sounds, too. It just wouldn't seem right, otherwise. That's my thoughts on it, anyway.

I agree with the last part you said for sure.  Kylo's saber is unique and should have the blade effect by default.  The only problem is because I changed the blade effect for red, it will change it globally.  So everyone with a red blade will have that effect.  

I'll think about which way I want to play it.  I'm actually probably going to release it in the next few minutes, just have to make sure I'm not missing anything ;D

I agree with the last part you said for sure.  Kylo's saber is unique and should have the blade effect by default.  The only problem is because I changed the blade effect for red, it will change it globally.  So everyone with a red blade will have that effect.  

I'll think about which way I want to play it.  I'm actually probably going to release it in the next few minutes, just have to make sure I'm not missing anything ;D

Ahh.. I see. That part about;

"The only problem is because I changed the blade effect for red, it will change it globally.  So everyone with a red blade will have that effect.".

I see where you're coming from now. Unless, there's some way you can make it so that only Kylo's saber has that "unstable" saber effect? If not, then I'll leave you to decide which is best. I'd agree that it'd be a little weird, with other enemies in the game (Reborn's, for example) having the same saber effect as Kylo's hilt.

Ahh.. I see. That part about;

"The only problem is because I changed the blade effect for red, it will change it globally.  So everyone with a red blade will have that effect.".

I see where you're coming from now. Unless, there's some way you can make it so that only Kylo's saber has that "unstable" saber effect? If not, then I'll leave you to decide which is best. I'd agree that it'd be a little weird, with other enemies in the game (Reborn's, for example) having the same saber effect as Kylo's hilt.

Unfortunately I can't change it so that a hilt has a unique blade effect, that is hard coded into the engine.

This is why I will make it optional though, some people may not like others having the blade effect.  

Unfortunately I can't change it so that a hilt has a unique blade effect, that is hard coded into the engine.

This is why I will make it optional though, some people may not like others having the blade effect.  

Yeah, that's fair enough.. Well, you do what you think best. I'm sure it should come out well, either way. At least then though, I'll be able to get rid of AshuraDX's and Xeby's two versions, from my downloads. You need both of their files to make it work properly. So it'll be nice and refreshing, to only have to use 2 files from within one mod (if that's the way it's gonna go).

This was their attempts:

http://jkhub.org/files/file/2214-kylo-rens-lightaber-adx/

and the 2nd file you needed to make it work (properly)

http://jkhub.org/files/file/2218-kylo-ren-sith-unstable-saber-sw-episode-7/