Anybody? - Tutorial about HUD

the Hud system is really hardcoded. D: otherwise is possible to make some graphical changes about the postion and forms of the bars of the health, armor, ammo, force, style and  HUD bar.

i never make an new HUD, so i cannot help you. :(

but i am pretty sure that basically need a lot of work with paint shop pro and alpha channels.

It doesn't have a tutorial because it's very straightforward editing. If you don't want to get your hands dirty with code, you can edit the graphics and alter positions within the .menu file for it. If you do want to get your hands dirty, the code is all there in cg_draw.c/pp.

Cerez likes this

the Hud system is really hardcoded. D: otherwise is possible to make some graphical changes about the postion and forms of the bars of the health, armor, ammo, force, style and  HUD bar.

i never make an new HUD, so i cannot help you. :(

but i am pretty sure that basically need a lot of work with paint shop pro and alpha channels.

It doesn't have a tutorial because it's very straightforward editing. If you don't want to get your hands dirty with code, you can edit the graphics and alter positions within the .menu file for it. If you do want to get your hands dirty, the code is all there in cg_draw.c/pp.

Nope nope nope i just only want to change it graphicly like the Fallout one Hud that is in file section.

I orginally want to make something like this ;) - diablo-2-den-of-evil-demon-fallen-fireba

Yey! Diablo 2 HUD ^^ . And here is my idea

3a7eb887a1ddeddb0ddd973640e50851.jpg

I want something like this. I only dont know how to use these menu files to edit these postions..

Asgarath83 likes this

oh, it is easy. If you know how to make a menu, you know how to make a HUD.

Don't modify the name of items because they are used by the code.

However, you can modify the size of the items and the pictures used.

I have learned a lot by comparing several HUD between them, like base hud and Republic Commando HUD for example.

Langerd and Cerez like this

oh, it is easy. If you know how to make a menu, you know how to make a HUD.

Don't modify the name of items because they are used by the code.

However, you can modify the size of the items and the pictures used.

I have learned a lot by comparing several HUD between them, like base hud and Republic Commando HUD for example.

Ok so I must just chek how other huds were done and find out on my own :P . I do this many times . Dont know anything with coding so i dont want to change anything in them

Nope nope nope i just only want to change it graphicly like the Fallout one Hud that is in file section.

I orginally want to make something like this ;) - <script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://jkhub.org/index.php?s=2f075d1cc823653a5b781b54b2be66f1&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=6551&p=96154&md5check=d87983f0d9f6ad54436287f405ba0e28&isRte=1,qWLXzJ-b4O,true,false,HmdeWrYiWag'); //]]></script>diablo-2-den-of-evil-demon-fallen-fireba&&0

Yey! Diablo 2 HUD ^^ . And here is my idea

3a7eb887a1ddeddb0ddd973640e50851.jpg

I want something like this. I only dont know how to use these menu files to edit these postions..

I very like your HUD idea man. D:

Langerd likes this

There's a trick to minimize the amount of tinkering you have to do in the menus file, at the cost of increasing the file size (more or less, depending on the size of the hud). Essentially, you build all your base/tics/alphas on a single sized frame and put everything at position zero. You'll still need to modify the position for the values, and adjust the ratio if the size of your assets differ from the assets menus you're working from.

Langerd likes this