Some enemies should be "invincible"...

I always thought Jaden's supposed power level in JA was kind of ridiculous. Wouldn't it make more sense, if some enemies were "invincible" in the same way as Boba Fett?

Like for example, Reborn Masters, and Jedi Masters/Trainers? Maybe they would be unable to be defeated completely? Like they get "wounded" and you have a short chance to get past them or run away from them until they start attacking again? I feel like that would be kind of cool actually. 

Anyone have any ideas? I just sort of thought of this a second ago. Most enemies this should work because you don't actually have to fight them. The only one is one of the Reborn Masters in the first part of Korriban you have to fight because defeating him unlocks a door...

Huh...this is a very interesting idea. I always thought a saber system similar to that of MB2 that functioned really nice and simply would help with all these kinda little things. 

Weaker saberists being kinda easy to deal with but Reborn Masters being extremely challenging and if it would take a luck or coincidence to take them down. 

^If I want to be detailed in the implementation (as opposed to quickly throwing some feature together), I think coding would be the best.

Maybe you get their HP down to 1, then they attack much less aggressively for a short time (maybe only 5 or 10 seconds). Some sort of visual indication would be important. Some kind of behavior signifying you "won" for the moment. Then when they are ready for action maybe they do a flourish or taunt. Then they get half or all of their HP back and start fighting normally. Or maybe all that is too detailed. Maybe it should be more left up to the player to figure out that the enemy is not completely beatable and when they get their chance to progress past or escape the enemy.

Or you could always just make the NPCs ridiculously tough, but if they are defeatable that implies Jaden/the player is supposed to be stronger or more skilled than them in some way... plus that would emphasize either the NPCs being kind of cheap or the player having to be very cheap to defeat them, turning everything into a cheapness game.

MB2's saber system... that would be hard for a single player game... still my altered saber system will have a few nods to MB2's style...

• 2 weeks later...

Could be similar to Skyrim where you get an enemy's health down to really low and they fall to their knees, slowly regenerating health to where they can stand again. Could be cool to decide to spare or kill an enemy that is on their knees, with a certain dialogue or something. If you spare them, they turn neutral and you can't attack them again.

• 2 weeks later...