Custom animations in SP

So I managed to create custom animations in MP using some tools from this site. But if I want to try my animation in SP it won't work. The model just stays in T-Pose position during the animation. I tried unchecking the multiplayer box in assimilate settings and recompile it again but still nothing. Anyone got an idea of how to make them work in SP?

If it's just for a specific map, you don't need to modify the existing animations; animations in _humanoid_levelname are loaded in addition to the default animations. But I'm unfamiliar with carcass/assimilate, so I don't know how to properly export them that way.

Well the export/compile part is no problem because the animations work in ModView and MP but there seems to be one small step in the process missing for it to work in SP.

@@Alvar007 Explain what you're doing exactly, like what animation are you replacing? Also, are you doing it with a clean base folder? SP tends to break easily with a lot of mods installed even if the problem isn't there in MP.

Well, the thing is that assimilate creates everything except animation.cfg, since it gives me an error. But I modify the base animation.cfg and I replace the BOTH_GESTURE1 animation (taunt saber fast animation from JO) with mine. As for the base folder, I don't think I have a mod that changes SP in an important way, but I used Openjk to try the animation, maybe in the vanilla game would it work?

Ok so a small error in the .car file:

$aseanimgrabinit
$scale 0.64
$keepmotion
$pcj $flatten
$pcj upper_lumbar
$pcj lower_lumbar
$pcj cranium
$pcj cervical
$pcj thoracic
$pcj pelvis
$pcj face_always_
$pcj Motion
$pcj rradius
$pcj lradius
$pcj rtibia
$pcj ltibia
$pcj rhumerus
$pcj lhumerus
$pcj lfemurYZ
$pcj rfemurYZ
$aseanimgrab models/players/both_gesture1/root.xsi -loop -1
$aseanimgrabfinalize
$aseanimconvertmdx_noask models/players/both_gesture1/root -makeskel /models/players/both_gesture1/both_gesture1 -origin 0 0 24

Need to get rid of the / so change /models/players/both_gesture1/both_gesture1 to models/players/both_gesture1/both_gesture1. This doesn't stop the creation of an animation.cfg though, it worked for me. You need to have multiplayer unchecked for creating any animation.cfg for JK2 SP/MP or JKA SP/MP otherwise it will not be compatible. Now the animation BOTH_GESTURE1 does already exist in the game code, so no problems there. However, the animation already exists in the base humanoid GLA so you'll need to edit the animation.cfg (once you've merged your GLA into the main GLA using GLAmerge) like so:

From this - BOTH_GESTURE1           6765    130    -1    20

To This - BOTH_GESTURE1           21376    24    -1    20

Let me know of any other issues. :)

That's what I did, but it still doesn't create the animation.cfg although I don't need it. I just modified the original cfg but no success. Did you try the animation in game? I tried it on vanilla game and it didn't work either. I'm using the assimilate version that comes with the SDK, is that the same as yours?