Help with some fixes

Hi. I have recently been trying to get help on fixing all of the bugs for the Kylo Ren model here:

http://jkhub.org/files/file/2431-epvii-kylo-ren/

But unfortunately I received no help, only advices to fix it myself. I am only a texturer so i'm not good with fixing things.

So I am putting this Thread here in case anyone at all would kindly help fix the errors in their spare time.

I shall list every error which the model has, if  someone would help I would very much appreciate it and would be credited for the help.

I don't mean to be rude in saying this but I don't want people giving me advice on how I should fix it myself.. I just really need someone to literally fix the errors for me then there are no more disturbances in the force.

Error list:

1, Model loads as Kyle Katarn. Model Bone error

Untitled.png

2. Some sort of problem with the model and the JKA Skeleton making the model look weird holding the saber and also in the default strong stance. I think it needs rigging to the skeleton properly.

Untitled.png  Untitled2.png

3. Random shader error needs removing..

Untitled3.png

the shader error can be fixed by editing the .skin file - atleast it should be fixable by doing that - and you can do that yourself

that first error looks like it had parts of a JKO model frankensteined on it and the second error could be caused by bad weighting but is morel ikely to be related to the first bad bone error

Cerez likes this

Can I be brutally honest? This scares the living crap out of me. I can have a look at it for you, but I can't promise anything. Often it is much easier to rebuild/re-weight a model from scratch than to try and fix a messed up skeleton with jumbled parts meshed together. But I'll see what I can do to help if you like.

Is the source a 3DS Max file? Or are we talking Blender?

This is likely the result of asking so many people to do different pieces of work on the model and then trying to piece it all together at the end - one oversight causes a butterfly effect. Someone probably moved the tags for the hands off-point in Blender, and I wouldn't be surprised if the bone error is due to something being deleted that shouldn't have been.

The quickest option is probably to rebuild the kitbash from scratch. Shouldn't take long at all, since you know which model parts you want to use and you have all the texture files ready. 

Download Blender - it's free. Read this thread: http://jkhub.org/topic/4905-frankensteining-with-blender/

It really is so simple to kitbash in Blender these days. I had never used Blender or any modelling software ever before having a go after reading that thread. It will take you an hour to rebuild Kylo Ren, hour and a half tops - and that's including the time it takes you to read @ 's posts in that topic.

And yes, I know you said you just wanted someone to fix it instead of showing you how. But hey, if a total novice like me can do this, anyone can.

Asgarath83, Cerez and Jeff like this

Can I be brutally honest? This scares the living crap out of me. I can have a look at it for you, but I can't promise anything. Often it is much easier to rebuild/re-weight a model from scratch than to try and fix a messed up skeleton with jumbled parts meshed together. But I'll see what I can do to help if you like.

Is the source a 3DS Max file? Or are we talking Blender?

All there is to work on is the current download

but I do have the original file of the body that was used and @@Kualan has the rest of the source files he used

This is likely the result of asking so many people to do different pieces of work on the model and then trying to piece it all together at the end - one oversight causes a butterfly effect. Someone probably moved the tags for the hands off-point in Blender, and I wouldn't be surprised if the bone error is due to something being deleted that shouldn't have been.

The quickest option is probably to rebuild the kitbash from scratch. Shouldn't take long at all, since you know which model parts you want to use and you have all the texture files ready. 

Download Blender - it's free. Read this thread: http://jkhub.org/topic/4905-frankensteining-with-blender/

It really is so simple to kitbash in Blender these days. I had never used Blender or any modelling software ever before having a go after reading that thread. It will take you an hour to rebuild Kylo Ren, hour and a half tops - and that's including the time it takes you to read @ 's posts in that topic.

And yes, I know you said you just wanted someone to fix it instead of showing you how. But hey, if a total novice like me can do this, anyone can.

@@Kualan Those issues with the model rigging are not the work of the frankenstein. I have tested the original sith assassin from @@Jolly and those errors are from his model. So Jolly please can you take a look and try to fix the error? I know you told me the model had some bugs.. but having the bug of the model not being rigged properly is a bug this size:

maxresdefault.jpg

@, @@Kualan made an excellent point and gave you a very helpful thread. I'd be going through the same thing as you in learning to do this in Blender. You might as well take the plunge and get the benefit of being able to fix these problems in the future all by yourself -- and open up your creative options.

Since I don't kitbash (I'm way too interested in modelling from scratch), and I'm already heavily relying on 3DS Max, this knowledge wouldn't benefit me much, and a rebuild of the model sounds like the wisest and least time consuming thing to do here.

I've tried and i'm no good with it. I fail :

Yeah this is an error from Jolly's Sith Assassin model. We are trying another model but we are waiting for an update on the skin file from @@Kualan . Once we have that we can continue working on it/testing it.

As I said before, I have a long list of planned skins/kitbashes I intend to do, and Kylo Ren is at the bottom of it. If time is of the essence you're better off imploring someone else. I know you don't plan to learn this yourself, but I would appreciate not receiving multiple PMs and tag notifications regarding this. It doesn't make me want to work on it any faster - quite the opposite in fact.

Sorry if that seems snappy, but it gets a little tiresome every time I log in to the Hub to have another notification or two regarding this. I will get to it at some point (but we're talking a couple of weeks rather than days).

As I said before, I have a long list of planned skins/kitbashes I intend to do, and Kylo Ren is at the bottom of it. If time is of the essence you're better off imploring someone else. I know you don't plan to learn this yourself, but I would appreciate not receiving multiple PMs and tag notifications regarding this. It doesn't make me want to work on it any faster - quite the opposite in fact.

Sorry if that seems snappy, but it gets a little tiresome every time I log in to the Hub to have another notification or two regarding this. I will get to it at some point (but we're talking a couple of weeks rather than days).

It's cool I understand you. I have no problem with waiting at all! I was only giving an update for @@Asgarath83 and for those who are following the WIP. :)

Kualan likes this

It's cool I understand you. I have no problem with waiting at all! I was only giving an update for @@Asgarath83 and for those who are following the WIP. :)

There is no rush for this model. i think you need to wait until EP VII movie comes out to cinemas. so you can get a large amount of kylo ren scratchs for make a really nice model.  trailers are insufficients to capture a character. ^_^

Daedra likes this

There is no rush for this model. i think you need to wait until EP VII movie comes out to cinemas. so you can get a large amount of kylo ren scratchs for make a really nice model.  trailers are insufficients to capture a character. ^_^

I will be updating the sound pack once the movie is released. Also the mask texture has a weird scratch above the eyes so I can add that also in the future.

Asgarath83 likes this