Old Star Wars

So I was trying to help out in a Thread for the original Anakin Skywalker model, and came across this photo:

young_anakin_and_obi_wan_by_promus_kaa-d

Now this image struck me as it represents Darth Vader (Sebastian Shaw) and Obi Wan Kenobi (Alec Guiness) as their young counterparts.

It is almost like it was a picture taken on the set of Star Wars Episode III in the 1960's.

I decided to try to bring life to it (also trying out my texturing skills on this crappy Windows 8.1 computer).

This is what I have so far

star_wars.jpg

This is still a Work In Progress as I have yet to color Ben's Robe and the background is imperfect.

So yeah. I'm a nerd. No regrets. :sun:

Cerez likes this

Is it just me, or do they look so much more genuine and fitting for the role as a pair than Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen ever did? Sebastian Shaw has that slightly arrogant and confident manner, while Alec Guinness fits the all-seeing and gentle, goodie-two-shoes profile. The excellent drama between them just screams for me.

And you can bet that Shaw would not come through as whiney.

Sebastian Shaw reminds me greatly of Jean Marais here, and his two roles of the mysterious Fantômas and the journalist Fandor.

I think, it's not a coincidence. Even though the two characters are separate people, played by one actor, they fit into the definition of alter-ego precisely. Perhaps Shaw could reprise the two perfectly.

Cerez likes this

Now you made him ginger, dude perhaps you should stop ;D ?? I know I will, I just can't say anything positive about this.  I prefer Hayden and Ewan

It is light brown but I had to blend the color so it looks ginger lol