Make an Npc only use one Saber Style!

Tavion and Desann being the best examples. :)

it's possible in two ways.

the first way is to edit the saberstyle of NPC file. saberstyle 1, saberstyle 2 etc until 7

1 -> fast 2-> medium 3 -> strong 4 -> desann

5-> tavion 6-> dual 7 -> staff

the second way is to edit the saber that use an npc. because a saber is used by more bnpc is better to make a new SAB file with the model of saber you desire for npc.

on npc file you can make the command

saber "newsaber"

and make a saber file SAB called newsaber

with a newsaber as lightsaber

and as command line for newsaber.SAB you can put:

saberstylelearned: fast

saberstyleforbidden medium

saberstyleforbidden strong

saberstyleforbidden staff

saberstyleforbidden desann

saberstyleforbidden tavion.

in that case, Npc is Forced to use only the fast style. :)  the other style are locked. this is not a limitartion of NPC itself, but a limitation and customize of the new saber he uses.

with a SAB file you can customize also damage of a saber of a npc, knockback attack and animations of npc. ^_^

Exmirai likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually eez I believe you're wrong. In my experience NPCs tend to ignore what saber styles you set in their npc file and rather use saber styles based on rank, at least, if you only give them fast style, they might decide to use medium and strong too if they are a high rank.

You have to use Asgarath's method to make absolutely certain the NPC will use the correct styles, by giving NPCs their own sabers.

Actually eez I believe you're wrong. In my experience NPCs tend to ignore what saber styles you set in their npc file and rather use saber styles based on rank, at least, if you only give them fast style, they might decide to use medium and strong too if they are a high rank.

You have to use Asgarath's method to make absolutely certain the NPC will use the correct styles, by giving NPCs their own sabers.

Yes i agree. Some time games works differently in relation to the code instruction. for example. i discover that if i give a new MOD on WP_BRYAR_PISTOIL and i set custom class damage like DEMP2 weapons, this affected also damage of sabers too! if i setted that damage for class DESANN *=0 also Desann become immune to lightsaber and to ALL weapons!!! D: these affected also CLASS_TAVION... Mysteries of programming. sometime code is strange. changing code give ever some "collapteral effect" to gameplay.

Just checked and you're right, there's some hardcodes. But there's a way to subvert them without using a weird workaround like making a new saber:

• Saber cultists have totally hardcoded saber styles, they ignore the saberStyle field entirely.
  • civilian and ltjg (can't remember what this is called atm) ranks are hardcoded to use only Fast style.
  • crewman and ensign ranks are hardcoded to use only Medium style.

That's the only restrictions that exist. Also note that saberStyle field takes an integer value, not a name. A quick reminder of these:

• Fast: 1
  • Medium: 2
  • Strong: 3
  • Desann: 4
  • Tavion: 5
  •  

Just checked and you're right, there's some hardcodes. But there's a way to subvert them without using a weird workaround like making a new saber:

• Saber cultists have totally hardcoded saber styles, they ignore the saberStyle field entirely.
  • civilian and ltjg (can't remember what this is called atm) ranks are hardcoded to use only Fast style.
  • crewman and ensign ranks are hardcoded to use only Medium style.

That's the only restrictions that exist. Also note that saberStyle field takes an integer value, not a name. A quick reminder of these:

• Fast: 1
  • Medium: 2
  • Strong: 3
  • Desann: 4
  • Tavion: 5
  •  

Dual: 6

Staff: 7 ^_^

Mmm so they are Npc hardcoded... and some rank also are locked on specified saberstyle... so the better mode is to add a new NPC entry that recycle that Npcs. good to know, eez. :)