What version of 3ds Max???

What version of 3ds Max...  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What version of 3ds Max do you primarily use for Modding?

• Max 8
    • Max 9
    • Max 2008
    • Max 2009
    • Max 2010
    • Max 2011
    • Max 2012
    • Max 2013 or later

Honestly, you should just focus on the most current version. I haven't used Max in years but I'm sure improvements have been made to make older versions obsolete. I don't see why people are using really old versions like 8. Last I used was 7 and it was newish at the time.

Honestly, you should just focus on the most current version. I haven't used Max in years but I'm sure improvements have been made to make older versions obsolete. I don't see why people are using really old versions like 8. Last I used was 7 and it was newish at the time.

Aren't the licenses version dependent? Money saving is a good reason to feel content with an older version.

Also, some might prefer the older UI for work.

Max8 Has all the features needed to mod this game engine.

It's not about capability though, it's just sheer tools alone that make things easier. Max 8 is very old.

As a student people can get a license for free for the newest versions, I used my ex's student info to get a license to the 2013 suite back when it was new, I'm just using Mod Tool just to show off that it can be a good free solution and even that is way ahead of Max 8 since Mod Tool 7.5 was released in 2009.