anyone knows how to put the blaster pistol in GtkRadiant not know if it is a script. Please someone tell me

Go to solution Solved by Asgarath83,

You want basically put the blaster pistol on the ground like the other weapons right? It shouldnt requires the script however i dont know it is possible because pulled enemies with blaster pistol doesnt drop that weapon. This could be happening the game automaticlly block this weapon from being dropped ( maybe because the player has this weapon in the game for the most part) .

From the other hand i thought that it is possible and i remember it worked fine for me.

Asgarath83 likes this
  • Solution

You want basically put the blaster pistol on the ground like the other weapons right? It shouldnt requires the script however i dont know it is possible because pulled enemies with blaster pistol doesnt drop that weapon. This could be happening the game automaticlly block this weapon from being dropped ( maybe because the player has this weapon in the game for the most part) .

From the other hand i thought that it is possible and i remember it worked fine for me.

yes, there is a code restriction that avoid dropping of same weapons. Blaster pistol is one of that.

@@scp_chaos1

mmm what can yoo do man?

you can study the map t1_danger when player can take some items device for repair damaged shuttle and leave planet of wormes creatures.

you need

1 to put a misc_model of weapon_blaster model into your map.

2: to make a func_usable brush startedon. 

3: linked the md3 model of blaster to func_usable

4: a trigger once around all that.

the trigger run a script that activate the func_usable, setting it to off. this can remove the weapon_blaster_pistol by level.

can you use the "use" func_usable targetname or the remove "func usable targetname" command with icarus.

5: into the script add

"affect player" SET_WEAPON WEAPON_BLASTER_PISTOL after removed the models

;)

yes, there is a code restriction that avoid dropping of same weapons. Blaster pistol is one of that.

@@scp_chaos1

mmm what can yoo do man?

you can study the map t1_danger when player can take some items device for repair damaged shuttle and leave planet of wormes creatures.

you need

1 to put a misc_model of weapon_blaster model into your map.

2: to make a func_usable brush startedon. 

3: linked the md3 model of blaster to func_usable

4: a trigger once around all that.

the trigger run a script that activate the func_usable, setting it to off. this can remove the weapon_blaster_pistol by level.

can you use the "use" func_usable targetname or the remove "func usable targetname" command with icarus.

5: into the script add

"affect player" SET_WEAPON WEAPON_BLASTER_PISTOL after removed the models

;)

Would that work for mp too? Not only for blaster_pistol but for any default weapons? It would be cool ! In my map i would place a areas with small place with weapon models. When player will press the trigger he will get a weapon (maybe two) and some amunition. I hate these glowing weapon effect under all weapons that are floating. It would be cool without this.

Asgarath83 likes this

Would that work for mp too? Not only for blaster_pistol but for any default weapons? It would be cool ! In my map i would place a areas with small place with weapon models. When player will press the trigger he will get a weapon (maybe two) and some amunition. I hate these glowing weapon effect under all weapons that are floating. It would be cool without this.

Pretty sure that work on SP because i do it into a tomb. in my mod you can start as vampire or reaper, and the start map is differnet_: for vampire is in the physical world, vampire awake smashing the coffin, and into the room him is buried there are some item, a weapons and some blood portion (replace of medpac) vampire can take the hidden items. when he put all five item, the guard outside the tomb open the door because he listen noise and wanna check... and vampire kill him and run by the tomb killing all vampire slayers of guards XD.

for a reaper. it's in spectral realm the fight. the reaper need to take and devour five souls into the buried room. there is a magical barrier at the door.

for every soul he gain 20 Hp and a power.

when he devoru the first soul he got 20+ health

with second soul, he can jump a little more. and 40 health

with third soul he can got force push level 1.

with fourth and five soul unlock the spectral reaver as saber, barrier can disappear and he can escape by tomb finding a portal for physical world and fighting evil spectral predators with his ghost sword.

i use this trick for reaper for disappering of EFX of the souls floating into the air. and for vampire for picking up a rusted sword and a bow for escaping.

on SP these works very fine.

on MP i not know honestly because my mod is for SP. but i think player and entity script cannot give much trouble on MP. on MP the NPCS are problematic, because in MP there are the bots, not the Npcs.

when a vampire

Langerd likes this