Blender and JKA/JO questions

What are they limits in regard to the game for faces or vertices or tris or whatever else? I think I'm fine but I'd like to know for future reference.

With my mesh done, what next? I'm not looking to add it to the game yet. I just want a completed model at this point. What do I need to do to from my mesh to a textured model?

Are you talking about GLM for player models? In that case something like 32 bones and 1000 vertices and one texture per mesh (though you can have multiple meshes per model), 4 or so bones per vertex (though my exporter will drop the least influential bones if there are too many), 3 sides to a face, very importantly 1 UV coordinate to a vertex (meaning you have to split the mesh at the seams (which to be honest the exporter should be capable of doing)) and normals are exported on a per-vertex level, so enabling smooth shading gives an accurate representation of the ingame look.

Or is this about animated md3 models? In that case I'm not entirely sure, size limitations (range [-512, 512)) aside.

Or do you want non-animated (misc_model) map models? Those are baked into the BSP by Q3Map2 and thus have very few limitations.

In that case something like 32 bones and 1000 vertices and one texture per mesh (though you can have multiple meshes per model), 4 or so bones per vertex (though my exporter will drop the least influential bones if there are too many), 3 sides to a face, very importantly 1 UV coordinate to a vertex (meaning you have to split the mesh at the seams (which to be honest the exporter should be capable of doing)) and normals are exported on a per-vertex level, so enabling smooth shading gives an accurate representation of the ingame look.

Wasn't that 32 meshes, 1000 vertices each?