SNES usb Controllers

Yeah, you can even get adapters for original controllers that plug in to the usb socket. I know the original SNES controllers are tough  which is why I'm curious if the usb aftermarket ones are as good. Most of my aftermarket PS3 PC gamepads crapped out one way or another. Usually the D pad.

iBuffalo is going to be the best.

I'm using a Retrolink N64 USB controller and it feels like the real thing, the only downside is Windows doesn't seem to know how to interpret the joystick so it's crazy sensitive, don't know of any fix. Works good otherwise since nothing else feels natural for N64.

Of course for PSX and PS2 I use a actual PS3 controller with a program called MotionInJoy, it also works good for SNES since the layout is similar but I've been thinking about getting an actual SNES USB controller.

Smoo likes this

I'm glad you mentioned that iBuffalo one because I was curious how that was compared to the cheaper once. I mainly play SNES, NES, some Genesis games and I can use the SNES controller on all those. I'll probably order one of those.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends who you buy from. I hear good things about RetroUSB. A guy I know who runs a popular YouTube video game channel has a lot of their stuff and it worked perfectly during his live shows so they must be fairly good at least. They make adapters and controllers I believe.

@@IrocJeff, just picked up the iBuffalo controller, works great, windows recognizes it right away as well as ZSNESW, you of course have to map the buttons the first time you play.

Thats great to hear. I took apart my radio shack ps3 controller and couldn't put it back together properly again so I've been playing with the keyboard of all things.... I just bet Robocop vs Terminator for NES on the keyboard... was tough...I think I'll order one.

I bought a pair for really -- really -- cheap on eBay a while ago, and even this crappy make works, by assigning keyboard buttons to the controller's sticks and buttons. So I think it'll work, no matter what you buy. But it's better to go for something with a reasonable price and make.