What does your GtkRadiant look like?

I sometimes spend more time editing the colors in GtkRadiant than I do making maps.

DxehNfP.png

Keep mapping and quit fooling around with colors!!  :lol:

The only scheme I could use was this greyish one or else my eyes would cross looking at the grid for so long. 

rad_zpskropjilt.jpg

Vegeta likes this

How in the world is that grid view even remotely intuitive or usable? :P

I can't get separated from my usual layout:

C   -  Xy

Yz  -  Xz

That other view you showed feels weird and confusing to me. To each his own, I guess ;)

You asking me?

You asking me?

It was more of a rhetorical question, but yeah... that view is just confusing to me. Zig Zag's view is the one I'm referring to as the one I can't just help but find very intuitive (although in shades of grey like yours). Probably I just prefer to have everything in a single view, as well as the chance to modify a bunch of vertexes right away, and not have to constantly switch from top, to side, to front, and then back to top. But like I said, to each his own.

• 3 months later...

It was more of a rhetorical question, but yeah... that view is just confusing to me. Zig Zag's view is the one I'm referring to as the one I can't just help but find very intuitive (although in shades of grey like yours). Probably I just prefer to have everything in a single view, as well as the chance to modify a bunch of vertexes right away, and not have to constantly switch from top, to side, to front, and then back to top. But like I said, to each his own.

I'm extremely used to having a 4 window view from using other map editors like Hammer/Worldcraft. I've also used it in other engines like Lithtech with Dedit.

bFEKyQx.jpg

I tend to texture things after creating all the brushes so I'm used to pressing various hotkeys to bring up other windows. I also like contrasting colors with the grid so I can snap to the layout much easier.

Iroc Jeff's view is the default Radiant view though so I can understand why it's their preferred layout.

• 4 weeks later...