The Emperor's Throne Room Space Station

Basically the layout of this room is a copy of what we see in Episode VI. Even though the whole area looks very stylish (and in accordance with Imperial designs), I must say, that it is too bad, that the developers didn't try to create a unique appearance for this area of Star Wars. KOTOR surely had that in their locations and they had remarkably well-drawn textures, peculiar layouts, modelled objects like chairs and crates.

This is one of the things in SWTOR which I don't like: it brings a mix of OT and KOTOR styles, with movies design prevailing over certain appearances from the games.

Basically the layout of this room is a copy of what we see in Episode VI. Even though the whole area looks very stylish (and in accordance with Imperial designs), I must say, that it is too bad, that the developers didn't try to create a unique appearance for this area of Star Wars. KOTOR surely had that in their locations and they had remarkably well-drawn textures, peculiar layouts, modelled objects like chairs and crates.

This is one of the things in SWTOR which I don't like: it brings a mix of OT and KOTOR styles, with movies design prevailing over certain appearances from the games.

Agreed it is similar. To be completely honest I wouldn't mind if someone just converted the map from SWTOR directly, as long as the textures are adjusted somewhat.

a lot of converting going on these days.....  well.. I don't mind that :D

I would actually take a shot at converting it myself but I would need help in extracting the map from the game files.. since I do not know how and I already had 0% success in extracting sounds, so models will be worse yet.

At one point I saw a thread in a different JK forum, where people showed quite impressive KOTOR maps conversions. I never truly approve a complete cutout from one game to another, expecting some sort of creativity.

They actually managed to convert the KOTOR maps into kind of obj or md3 models, which then were placed into the map of JA. The problem was of using either Clip brushes of ticking the option in the parameters of an object for it to be solid enough.

At one point I saw a thread in a different JK forum, where people showed quite impressive KOTOR maps conversions. I never truly approve a complete cutout from one game to another, expecting some sort of creativity.

They actually managed to convert the KOTOR maps into kind of obj or md3 models, which then were placed into the map of JA. The problem was of using either Clip brushes of ticking the option in the parameters of an object for it to be solid enough.

You realize KOTOR is not SWTOR, right? :P

@

Sure :) But my point is that it's not impossible. I would rather see someone would re-create such a map from scratch.

Years ago, it was unusual for me to see, that some people managed to get the JA models, objects, etc. into Half-Life 2. These days I do know how it's done, not that big deal.

SW Galaxies also was used by some fans to extract a few objects as a memory about that great game. I myself decided to re-create a few objects from that game just a homage to that game in our modification. :)