Fade away

Ok so I've tried a few different thing's so far, and nothing has worked. This texture/shader just hates me. So i've come to you guys for advice, figured I'd get some sleep and see if any one had some idea's. I'll post the texture/shader that way you know what i have it as so far. And I've included a in game screenshot to give you an example.
This is the ships aft wakes (WIP) what I need them to do is fade away, I've even tried laying them underneath a black to transparent layer and it just acts like it's not even there. This texture ofcourse scrolls to give the effect the ship is moving. Again any help and or ideas are/is appreciated.

Shader in use atm ( Simple I know )

textures/water/aftwakes
{
      qer_editorimage textures/water/aftwakes
    surfaceparm noimpact
    surfaceparm nomarks
    surfaceparm nonsolid
    cull disable
    nomipmaps
    {
        map textures/water/aftwakes
        blendfunc add

rgbGen identity
        tcMod scroll 0 -0.25
    }
}

Texture Aftwakes.jpg

And here is what it looks like atm in game.... I don't like this... At all..

shot2015-03-03_12-44-24.jpg

Ok so I've tried a few different thing's so far, and nothing has worked. This texture/shader just hates me. So i've come to you guys for advice, figured I'd get some sleep and see if any one had some idea's. I'll post the texture/shader that way you know what i have it as so far. And I've included a in game screenshot to give you an example.

This is the ships aft wakes (WIP) what I need them to do is fade away, I've even tried laying them underneath a black to transparent layer and it just acts like it's not even there. This texture ofcourse scrolls to give the effect the ship is moving. Again any help and or ideas are/is appreciated.

Shader in use atm ( Simple I know )

textures/water/aftwakes

{

qer_editorimage textures/water/aftwakes

surfaceparm noimpact

surfaceparm nomarks

surfaceparm nonsolid

cull disable

nomipmaps

{

map textures/water/aftwakes

blendfunc add

rgbGen identity

tcMod scroll 0 -0.25

}

}

Texture Aftwakes.jpg

And here is what it looks like atm in game.... I don't like this... At all..

shot2015-03-03_12-44-24.jpg

Try this..

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2vlmbtj.jpg

2vlmbtj.jpg

That's not going to work, the point is to have it scroll.

Though come to think about it, I'm not entirely sure if a blendfunc add is going to work nicely with alpha transparency... you may need to use an alpha channel instead of black. Gee, it's been a while since I wrote a shader...