Makermod 1.3b Download

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys!

I've been an insane fan of makermod since I first played it in like, 2007. Unfortunately, as we all know, the mod died out a few years later. For the past few years or so, I would always check the server list in JAmp to see no makermod servers. A few months ago, I found a few, but only with bots or players who don't know what it is. Only a few minutes ago, I stumbled upon this website, and I am so happy and grateful to have found it! Thank you.I'm never going to forget the long hours of building and then RPing about, finding expansions, and enough addon maps to make singleplayer inoperable.

I am here right now to ask: how can I get back in and do what Toast made?

thanks

Smoo likes this

Same issue here, compiling from source without any changes made. Tried both 2012 and 2015 compilers for all of Release, Final and Debug configuration. Had a friend of mine do the same with 2015 only, and his .dll yielded exactly the same result.

I'm guessing this isn't a problem with the source code itself, but what could it possibly be?

Have you tried it with jampded.exe instead of jamp.exe? I don't know if Makermod runs in jamp.exe by default because it has engine hooks built in that require the dedicated server exe instead (though I don't know if these are now automatically disabled when not running in the dedicated server).

• 2 weeks later...

Any luck?

Hey, sorry was busy with uni stuff but I just compiled and it turns out there's errors in the botlib files, ill try fix em asap (oh wait isnt that just for cgame?) nvm still seems broken lol idk why. Also, noticed it compiles as JK2game.dll some reason, so i try rename it to jampgamex86.dll but still no good

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone link me the source and I'll look at it later today for ya. Maybe if you're really lucky I'll create a CMake for it ;o

Edit: Is this failing for people who built it on their machine or is it failing for someone who's using a prebuilt version given out by someone other than the official makermod release?  If someone else, then most likely you need proper VS C runtime installed too.

Stoiss and Smoo like this

It built just fine here.  Failing during compile or failing with the error in the OT?

If the former try turn off building of botlib in all configurations as its unnecessary for mods always has been.

Problem with mm is that it has a bunch of patches built in which won't work unless you're using jampded and nothing else for engine.

Smoo likes this