ModView Error When Trying to Load Frankensteined Model

Hey guys,

So I was working on a model compilation for one of my RP friends which came with multiple heads in Blender. I've double checked all the names of the parts and none of them contain 0.001 and are definitely all linked via the hierarchy which I've had a look at. The real annoying thing is this error that comes up when I load up the exported .glm in Blender:

"Model has 77 surfaces, but only 72 of them are connected up through the hierarchy, the rest will never ber ecursed into. This model needs rebuilding, guys..."

Which is odd, considering all the models I've used for parts all work fine ingame.

Any assistance would be very appreciated!

Sure, I'm here to help you. Had the same issue - the thing is, even if you have some model parts seperated on few layers, the exported model still loads it all. So make sure you deleted all meshes of model you imported the head from, scroll back and look for high-floating parts (that happens when they aren't linked - let's say for example you delete head_0.001 from old head and everything dissapears - most likely, let's say "head_horns" are floating high up, and you have to delete them. If it still doesn't work (I doubt it) then check if stupid_triangle, scene_root and model_root are all properly linked. That's all I have for now, good luck!

Thank you very much for the help @@Veosar!

Unfortunately I'm having a much more insidious problem now that won't let me even export into .glm.

I get this error:

Blender: Unable to load surface torso_cape, non-triangle face found!

I have no idea what on earth it is talking about because last time I checked everything was made out of polygons, not triangles o.o

Any ideas @@DT85 or @@Psyk0Sith?

Not sure who the resident blender export is around here...

@@Psyk0Sith what was your fix for the issue the Rax Joris model had?

It was a cap that had the wrong name (twice the same name but different location if i recall correctly). It did not prevent from compiling the first time around but it would crash in modview, it worked fine in game.

@@DarthDementous: I believe the plugin requires quads and ngons to be converted to triangles before export?

I get those errors too. The way I fixed the first issue was just load the model in Blender again and export it again, and the error in ModView goes away. No issues with the models after this, which is odd. No floating parts or missing bones or meshes.

Perhaps, just perhaps, if you don't really care so much about quality, you can save your .blend now, and try to delete corrupted mesh and then try to export it. If it doesn't work, just load back the old save because that's probably not the way it will work. Sorry for my bad english, doing my best.

I have some good news! I looked up how to turn Meshes into triangles and by doing that on the affected areas it worked! I see now what went wrong, I used the knife tool which creates new polygons and that must've made a few dodgy ones.

Unfortunately I'm still having the Surfaces error trying to load it into modview but if it works ingame no issue! :D

Edit: Circa's fix worked for the surfaces error! Thank you all so much in helping me get this to work @@DT85, @Pysk0Sith, @@Circa, @@Veosar you guys are the best :)

DT., Langerd and Circa like this