About alt - fire in npcs

Langerd

I found somewhere that you must use a script to make npc alt firing.

-set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_ALT_FIRE", /*@BOOL_TYPES*/ "true" );

But i have question about how to make them using the blaster pistol shot but charged one?
This is more advanced scripting i guess

And also i find a glitch - when npc with repeater has a alt_fire on it works fine (when i am like 3-5 meteres from him) but if i will come closer... he starts shooting normal bullets but only one. How to make him shooting alt fire all the time? (sry for english i am polish)

Edited by Langerd

i think is not bugged. it's realistic. 

Because the alt fire of repeater is an explosive splash damage attack. no soldier is so mad of blow himself in a close fire shooting.

For that motivation, stormtroopers use normal fire of repeater when you are close. :)

maybe happens the same thing with flechette alt fire.

Yep I checked. The stormtrooper officers are shooting normal when i am close. But normaly.

Repeater is bugged :/ when i am close they start shooting normal but They DONT fire 6 shots - pause- 6 shots! They fire 1 shot -pause- 1 shot. And this is bugged.

ah yes, i agree, this is bugged.i  suppose is because alt fire atk is configured for shot... 1 shot: the explosive atk. :D if you change in the code the number of shot of the alt fire in close combat i supose also the alt fire distance shot shoots many shockballs. rotfl XD