Noghri stick crash

Go to solution Solved by Asgarath83,

i not really understand what i maked of wrong because i have only edited the mod for make a better graphic improvement of efx, add class damage to all weapons and edit force power efx and sound, but there is a little last bug: when a player, entity or NPC being hitted by Noghri stick shot projectile game crashes. 

i not understand why. i edited some paramater of MOD_GAS in g_combat.cpp. maybe is for that?

the crash occures not when the noghri stick shot, and not when noghri stick poison projectile hit  awall, but when noghi stick hit a player \ NPC.

so i thing is something about MOD_GAS.

but i tried to replace the g_combat.cpp edited by me with the original G_combat.cpp and that still crash again, so is not for the class damage code O.o

If you are running debug and it crashes it will let you find the location ._.

Noghri stick when used by player crashes basejka too

You can't even obtain it without cheating let alone, it does not crash under normal circumstances for getting it with the eweaps cheat here anyway so I'm not sure what special circumstances you are running to also cause it to crash.

If you are running debug and it crashes it will let you find the location ._.

You can't even obtain it without cheating let alone, it does not crash under normal circumstances for getting it with the eweaps cheat here anyway so I'm not sure what special circumstances you are running to also cause it to crash.

for what i know noghri stick crash on the first person \ player view because there is not the client player side code about this weapons. the noghri stick is a weapon coded only at 50% and works only for NPCs. in openjk however should no crash.

my problem is not that crash when i use the cheats "give all" and i switch to a shoot weapons and i set "give weapon_noghri_stick" no no i can use, shoot, equip. also NPC. the problem is he still crash when the projectile impact against another player and Npcs. i have done many edit on the code, and i not know how is start this problem because i have noticed just 2 days ago.

._.

well, is not a big trouble. i can make the lok mod also without noghri stick. but that should be useful for the enemy armed with poisones. well, i will use poison with script and weapons and force powers at this point. i have a force lightning atk that shoot a poison gas steam with sound of gas too so is a minor issue.

Otherwise, i am really curious about the noghri_weapons and mod_gas that it use for making damage, so i am really curious about his functionality.

Still sounds like a problem with your edits and mod.  If you cannot figure out the location of where it's crashing with debug or such I cannot help you from forum chat.

As for it crashing in base, well I have never reproduced it in base or OpenJK.

In base working. the debug compilation of openjk_sp and jaxgame86.dll not want to start when i start the engine. O.o appear me a strange error. so i cannot see the debug error list loading a map in the consolle command. : \

What strange error?  Being vague like that helps nobody.  You cannot run it from VS without changing parameters to point it to the gamedata.  Easiest is to launch the debug stuff after you've copied the debug versions to gamedata, and select "Attach to Process" in debug menu after it is running.

That's just a debug assert.  Have you tried hitting the retry button ever to actually show you where the problem is?  [As it says right at the bottom]  Or the ignore button to continue on (multiple times if necessary)

Seems to me like you have some foreign characters somewhere in a string that its noticing.

Dat XP doe.

@@eezstreet oh my, i thinks is really over my limitated programming skills O.o i will need really a long time for understand that.

i wanna just to know why noghri stick crash to me. O_o

however debugging it's a modality for works on the code with exe running in real time, right? O_o 

i suppose you mean that for debugging.

until this moment, i have simply corrected the error that vc2010 shows to me when i make a release building. and i build just the openjk_sp.x86 exe and the jaxgames86.dll 

my mod is for SP, so not need other (but i have builded also Mp and vanilla code for improve the graphic fix that you suggest to me months ago. :) )

@@ensiform where, i have italian computer, so i not know what buttom is the "retry" but "riprova" and "ignora" not make nothing and "interrompi" close the exe. O.o

I need same time for think about it and study tutorial i will post my progress later. :)

However, thanks very much for the help. i need to learn debugging and that will need some time. it's unique mode for thing the noghri crash entity impact issue origin. : \ i think there is some contradictory istruction on the syntaxis form about some edit i have done about the MOD_GAS or the noghri stick entity impact case. because i have getted similar crash also when i give in a "wrong syntax way" a command about force power. 

example: if somethjing is for cent->gent->client declaration, and i not use cent->gent->client->npc_clas in the expression, but simply client->npc_class VC not show any syntax error. but in game when i use a force power the game crash immediatly. sure there is some conflictual istruction about the noghri stick impacting of projectile on NPCs.

• 7 months later...

@@eezstreet i take and check my code and after some try and error replacing edited cpp file with original openjk edited file, i located the noghri stick crash inside the g_combat.cpp, so i will work about my edit. there is something i done with MOD_GAS editing of CLASS_DAMAGE, i suppose... i tryed to make some class immune to noghri stick as droids.

also, i have founded the origin on another curios bug of my code: when NPCs throws a thermal detonator... it not be launch but it turn back to its hands... really funny.... D: after all morning to checking all my weapons edited code i see that this bug was not created by SP code... but by weapons.dat. I need to analyze better my DAT file and g_combat.cpp for find the solution at this 2 bugs, after that, my code work is pratically over. :)