More music tracks

I was looking for some musical variety in the game, so I thought "Maybe I could put some of MY music into the game".

There is a music changer out there, but it only works for MP and only supports the music found in the game.

I tried to create a poor man's version out of it by using a combination of my music and bind commands.

I put some songs and the specific directories into a seperate .pk3, started the game, and this showed up 

after I typed in the song I wanted to hear:

Unable to find music „xyz.mp3“ as explicit track or dynamic music entry!

I'm not a coder, but I've searched every single file in the hope that there may be a

file I could modify without special coding skills.

I found a file called "dms.DAT" in the ext_data folder, but I'm not sure if it's relevant.

What directories did you put them in? That error means it can't find the file you are specifying, I believe.

I've put them in the following directories: "\Jedi Academy\GameData\base\music\songs".

I even tried to load the music from custom maps (in this case, LivingDeadJedi's Cloud City), but it won't load either.

You have to put sounds in the same directories as files placed in assets0.pk3 which is in base folder. And there is no songs directory. So if you tried to replace default ones then it has to go to some of existing ones, for example: /music/mp/duel.mp3 in MP3 format with the settings from the link above which I posted. Do not forget that names have to be same as the existing files have.

If you tried music or play console commands then you have to write the full path to files, for example: /music music/songs/name.mp3 or /play music/songs/name.wav (WAV only, I think) (also try without music folder).

WAV format will probably work too, I don't remember the default sound code well.

• 9 years later...