Saber crystals

idea (refined by @@eezstreet): hidden saber crystals at various points in the SP levels that you can choose to use when building your second saber(s).

possibly give stat changes (damage, length, etc.) or extra special colours (like black), rather than needing a different crystal for each colour, so that the RGB sabers can still be used freely.

I had come up with the "workbench" steps (a few 1st person puzzles) of "cooking your own crystal" meant for missions as Luke in SOTE mod-- where he follows some notes found in a journal left by Obi-Wan.

It would be nice to incorporate these puzzles into the game-- @@AshuraDX... follow the process incorrectly and you end up with an unstable crystal that would blow up (killing you) or fizzle out depending on circumstances. The puzzles are realistic to the process of making man-made synthetic gems.

1. Based on your desired crystal/saber color-- one or two unique ingredients.

2. Collect ingredients.

3. Balance a chemical equation (high school chemistry) (hint notes in journal)

4. Mix up resulting portions based on #3

5. Place in thermal cooker-- variables are temperature/time (set-it-and-forget-it... just show a screen-wipe to indicate all the required time has lapsed)

6. Skip the polishing/cutting, install cut/polished crystal in saber.

I had these missions all planned out. Just need someone to code these as 1st Person workbench puzzles.

therfiles and Bek like this

How would that work though? Would right clicking change the length or something?

The current method that works in sp is to tell the .sab file that a single saber has two blades. Then set it up how you want and then in game press the stance change button and you get your second blade. 

They are lots of fun, but since you'll have two blades out you get a heck of an op saber. 

Flynn likes this

^I don't think you should be able to edit this on the fly, but maybe between missions.

Perhaps saber crystals could affect these attributes:

1. Saber length

2. Saber width (only slightly, however this also affects saber damage too, thicker sabers deal more damage the way hit detection works, at least Raven takes note of it in the code)

2. Saber damage

3. Maybe adds extra effects to the saber such as; electrical damage (makes you do more damage to droid types), other special abilities...

I don't think a saber crystal should affect the player's saber skills though.