Djosers Puzzle - A Simple standalone puzzle/jump game

Thanks! Not yet, I still have to replace the playermodel and the animations (which you dont see anyway) and some sounds and gfx. Also I'm using a skybox that is not mine and I have to ask for permissions for (the readme says I can use it but asking is always better I guess).

therfiles likes this
  • 6 months later...

I'm actually still working on this... from time to time. Atm I'm on stuff like hud and a way to end a level in multiplayer (aka opening a menu via trigger). So far I've got a timer that ends the level when you're too slow. What I can't do yet is ending the level with a trigger cause triggers in multiplayer are bad (mkay). Already thought about switchting to the singleplayer code but maybe I'll be able to make it work in mp.

Some WIP:

c81e1ade3c.jpg

Circa likes this

I actually made it happen. I can end the game now via triggers (thanks to therfiles for the help). So basically everything code-wise is working now. If someone want's to help me out with stuff, I'd really appreciate it.

Is this on the JK end code wise or more in line with ID Tech 3 in regards to quake 3 arena?  It looks like JKs with the jumping in the video not as fast whatever.  Here's a quake 3 arena of a jump maze if it helps give you more ideas.

I was thinking jump maze like jump specificly even with tight areas to hit the teleport to the next area or the specific platforms that have a tele portal to start/kill trigger.  I'm sure a server in ja (ups) does that with there jump mazes.  Haven't tried there latest version but I remember the one time I tried it being a quake 3 port of one map whatever it had a jump maze whatever.  Unlike doom jump mazes you have more breathing room in later versions of the quake 3 on up.  Doom ones 1 person could stand on a platform and basically render everyone behind them stuck completely.

When I think more in depth puzzles the basic level is yavin_trial from jo with push sliders to open the door to the next area and so forth.  But that is scripts and for SP that works fine but for MP it gets very work aroundish to get the same level of effect which might make some people pull there hair out vs. others just dealing with it, even with hair being pulled out or a bad amount of tobacco smoking (which is what I did with the yavin_trial portion on massassi temple).

Yea scripts are no fun in MP but you can do quite a lot with normal triggers.

Today I changed the timer so that it counts backwards if the maptime is set and forwards if it is not set.

If the maptime is set you have only a certain amount of time to finish the level until the game is over and if it's not set you've got as much time as you want.

In both cases you get a screen in the end that shows you the time that you needed for the level.

You can adjust the maptime for each level by putting a .mpt file in the base/maptime folder (I probably explained that before).

What I need now is one basic playermodel, some animations and moar levels.

therfiles likes this